• 9(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
There seems to be an issue with the movie/series search that is used for part if the genre. I haven't had time to check what may have changed at zap2it, but I have a temporary work around that you can use to get data back. The only issue is I've been converting the addon from the old layout that the original used to the proper kodi addon layout. As a result, you have two choices in updating.

First, you can uninstall the current zap2xml addon and reinstall/setup using the file linked below. You will be starting over with data and setting up the channel sources.

Second, you can download the file linked below, and extract the zap2xml.py file. Then copy this over file located in your .kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml folder. This will keep your current setup intact and should work.

Sorry about the change, but I realized in prepping this for addition to the kodi/LE repos that the original way the addon was built (folder naming and layout) was not the correct method.

Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjggtefc792gae...l.zip?dl=0

As a side note, for those of you trying to tweak your raspberry pi, amogic boxes, etc setups from a windows computer and don't want to ssh for dealing with files like this. You can add your .kodi (and other hidden) folders to the samba share so it shows up in windows navigator. Just add the following lines to your samba.conf file located in your Configfiles folder (which is your .config folder!) [you can edit in the simple wordpad program if you want]

Code:
[kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

If you haven't setup your samba.conf file - you'll see a sample file in that folder. Just remove the .sample extension and reboot.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2016-08-22, 03:29)edit4ever Wrote: There seems to be an issue ...

Second, you can download the file linked below, and extract the zap2xml.py file. Then copy this over file located in your .kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml folder. This will keep your current setup intact and should work.

I tried this and reboot my OE box and nothing happened. Then I realized I was in .kodi/userdata/addons/tools.module.zap2xml and NOT in .kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml. I updated my samba.conf, reboot, moved the zap2xml.py file & reboot again. BAM I have data.
Thanks for the help.
Thumbs Up 
Wink
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
WoW! This is absolutely awesome! Thanks edit4ever!!

One question though... I usually have zap2it configured with channels both from my antenna, as well as channels I can only get through plugins. With your package, it's only displaying the channels I get through my antenna. With the regular zap2xml and tv_grab_file, running from a standalone Kodi install, it displays all the channels I preconfigured in zap2it. Even without any zap2xml in LibreELEC, it doesn't show the data, but it still shows all the channels I set up. I did notice that it adds a 0 to the beginning of the name of the extra channels I configured.. ie: "0 ChannelBlah". It shows the data in tvheadend's web page epg though.
(2016-09-27, 05:06)greenbag Wrote: Even without any zap2xml in LibreELEC, it doesn't show the data, but it still shows all the channels I set up. I did notice that it adds a 0 to the beginning of the name of the extra channels I configured.. ie: "0 ChannelBlah". It shows the data in tvheadend's web page epg though.

Since I haven't tried this type of setup - I have to do some testing.

In order to get your "other" channels in zap2it - I assume you're still choosing a lineup (likely cable or satellite) and setting up your channels in the zap2it preferences??

In TVH do each of the channels have unique names and numbers? I don't know that this is necessary - but trying to make sure I run a similar test.

Any other info you can provide on the additional channels would help. If the channel is available on the zap2it website and can be added to your preferences, it should download the data into TVH.
(2016-09-27, 05:53)edit4ever Wrote: Since I haven't tried this type of setup - I have to do some testing.

In order to get your "other" channels in zap2it - I assume you're still choosing a lineup (likely cable or satellite) and setting up your channels in the zap2it preferences??

In TVH do each of the channels have unique names and numbers? I don't know that this is necessary - but trying to make sure I run a similar test.

Any other info you can provide on the additional channels would help. If the channel is available on the zap2it website and can be added to your preferences, it should download the data into TVH.

Basically, I started my zap2it preferences with the 'Local Broadcast (Antenna)' selection when setting up location, then I went back and changed it to a cable listing, adding the extras I wanted to the preferences list. I then set it back to 'antenna', and confirmed my preferences were still in the panel on the right. Have to make sure to click save.. lol. Tongue After that.. fire up tvheadend, do a scan.. or if already tuned to your channels, then go to Channels/EPG / Channels, then add each extra channel one by one, choosing the correct channel from the dropdown list. Oh yeah.. do a zap2xml scan first. Tongue After that.. map the channels.. it'll show the logo info all filled up. When adding the channels, create a channel number for them. It also helped to create the link first.. no name or link, just a number.. then edit the name and link.. otherwise it'll want to edit the last channel you edited.

edit:

I for got to mention.. it does download the icons, and the web gui is full of data for those channels. It's just not being displayed in Kodi.
Do the channels show up in the Kodi channel manager?
Nope. I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere. The regular tvheadend setup requires you to direct the backend server portion to the xml file.. your package threw me off as it filled the guide automatically, so I never even thought about it. I just tried now by directing it to the xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml/xmltv.xml, clearing my epg and tv datas, and rebooting. No change. I'm going to fire up a clean image, then run zap2xml from my ubuntu pc and transfer the data.. see if that changes things. I'd just been using osmc because I could get perl installed, and it worked as expected. I'll be back. Tongue
Well that's interesting.. I'm getting the same thing using an xml created in ubuntu. Maybe it's a change somewhere in Kodi 17. Jarvis works fine. I thought for sure I had them in my guide earlier today... lol. Tongue
That was it... LE7 vs LE8... Jarvis vs Krypton. It's not just the skin, either. I checked.

Your package does add a '0' to the front of the name, but it didn't matter.. I can manually edit the names anyway. I'm not sure what changed between the versions or why. I hope they fix that before the final release. Tongue
Interesting. As for the 0 - check the zap2xml settings and maybe set the channel name first (before channel number) setting on?
(2016-09-27, 18:16)edit4ever Wrote: Interesting. As for the 0 - check the zap2xml settings and maybe set the channel name first (before channel number) setting on?

That could be done.. renaming's just as easy though. Smile

cheers.
Zap2xml has been working perfectly but lately I have not been receiving new EPG updates. Although the system is creating an errors is not creating a new xmltv file in Openelec. I am using a raspberry pi 3 and I get the following in TVheadend;

2016-10-08 10:45:12.076 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: grab took 5 seconds
2016-10-08 10:45:12.202 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: parse took 0 seconds
2016-10-08 10:45:12.203 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: channels tot= 95 new= 0 mod= 0
2016-10-08 10:45:12.203 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
2016-10-08 10:45:12.203 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: seasons tot= 45 new= 0 mod= 0
2016-10-08 10:45:12.203 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: episodes tot= 45 new= 0 mod= 0
2016-10-08 10:45:12.203 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: broadcasts tot= 45 new= 0 mod= 0

Any suggestions on fixing it would be greatly appreciated. I only have a few hours of EPG data left on the system.

I don't know if it is related but I also get this error message as well when it connects to my other raspberry PI client;

2016-10-08 10:51:39.344 htsp: 192.168.2.14: Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv18)
2016-10-08 10:51:39.344 htsp: 192.168.2.14 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Disconnected

Thanks,
Dan
You have 95 channels - depending on how many days you are trying to grab, you may be getting a server timeout. Set the number of days to 2 and rerun the grabber. If that loads, you can start adding a day or two and rerun to load the rest of the days in.

If you truly have 95 channels that you want data for - you may wish to use schedules direct. zap2it kicks out large data requests.

If the above doesn't work - you'll need to post the zap2xml log.
Thanks for the help! I live in the Metro Atlanta area and I never noticed how many channels are available that I don't watch or are fringe. I went to Zap2it and removed my unwanted channels from the list and that did it. My EPG updated and we are all good.
Thanks,
Dan
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4