xbmcgui.ControlList ... is empty!?
Hi.

I was planning to get a list of albums from a panelcontrol back to my script (so I can list the songs), but of course nothing works as expected.

From python I can get a reference to the listcontrol using: (pseudocode below!)
Code:
c = ACTIVEWINDOW.getControl(92222)

But any attempt at getting a size, or a list, or anything at all doesn't work..

Code:
c.size()                               # Returns 0, even though the conrol with id 92222 has plenty items.
c.getListItem(1)                  # I was planning to get the listitems into a list using a "for i in range..." (since I couldn't find a getList() function anywhere??!) - but there is nothing to get?

The panelcontrol is filled dynamically from my plugin (the same plugin that is accessing the panelcontrol), and shows nicely in my skin.

What to do?
You should better explain what you want to achieve instead of how you want to achieve it. I would guess that the approach itself is completely wrong.
Posting a link to complete code would help.

(2016-04-02, 15:32)Torben Wrote: but of course nothing works as expected.

Very nice attitude.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I just wanted to get all the listitems from a panel showing in a skin. Nothing more, nothing less.

Getting at the list might prove to be essential for many of my planned additions which involves changing a single item in a list - without a complet reload.

And nearly all I have wanted to do have required workarounds. I could easily be the reason nothing works as expected and I apologize for the attitude. I understand this is freeware and big thanks to all that contribute!

I do have a workaround in place for this also: Store the data in a window setting and read it from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcgui.ControlList ... is empty!?0