• 155(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
If you mean "I can't see my YouTube history" then please see the following in the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 here.

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
About some streams not playing:

I noticed something peculiar: youtube-dl can not download the same streams, which this plugin can not play (while others work). I've reported the issue here: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/12765

I find it weird if I'm the only user with this problem? I thought maybe it is an ipv6/ipv4 issue (my current ISP does not provide IPV6), but forcing youtube-dl to use ipv4 does nothing (the issue remains).
Hi again,

I believe my problems must have been some kind of server-side issue at Youtube. I wasn't able to download certain streams at any of the reported formats. Suddenly they started to work in both kodi youtube plugin and youtube-dl.

Perhaps some server at Youtube was wonky (and perhaps they are chosen by geolocation/IP ?).
mostly since the inputstream addon changed from mpeg dash to adaptive, i would say very often now, anytime when using the inputstream addon, videos buffer a lot, ive tested 1080p and 720p, has anyone else been experiencing this? my bandwidth should be enough not to have to limit it within the app, 120Mbps down and 20Mbps up. mpeg-dash is enabled in the addon, ive tried both 1080p and auto for resolution and stream selection, I've tried limiting the bandwidth used but it often just drops the stream down to 720p. with mpeg dash setting disabled, it works perfectly as expected. i can post logs soon.
(2017-04-14, 21:31)jdf76 Wrote: Try the beta and see if it fixes it.

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...tag/5.3.13

Jeff

I had the same issue even after updating to 5.3.13.

To fix the issue, in the YouTube plugin, go to settings, maintenance. Reset access manager
I've noticed the following behaviour on Krypton/Android. When I press on the back or tab button, the current video that is playing, stops after 5 seconds or so. This did not happen on Jarvis...
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

after enabling my API keys when i try to go signin again i get the following error each time:

YOUTUBE LOGIN Exception invalid_client

any idea what the problem is?
In my installation the YouTube plugin always respond with

Code:
NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.12) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.9
ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UGfKMV5AbMI/hqdefault.jpg
ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://.....

I've tried to load the same URL with either curl and the pycurl modul.
All this operations succeeded.

Any ideas?
I have not been able to find anyone else with this problem on Google, but maybe someone knows:

When watching youtube videos on the plugin, roughly once per day a video will randomly go silent, and after about two seconds (unless I can grab the remote and press mute quickly), there's this EXTREMELY LOUD static sound for about four-five seconds. I was afraid it had blown out my speakers the first time, but luckily all that happened was that I got a headache for about half an hour. -_-

This started happening after installing Krypton. Happens on both 17 and 17.1. Using a Mac mini with Mavericks.
(2016-06-16, 10:22)black_eagle Wrote: The skin I use depends heavily on Script.Skin.Helper.Service which also depends on the YT plugin. When listening to on-line radio (which I do a LOT !!) the YT plugin often gets called when there is no track or artist info to look up (eg, station doesn't always supply it, DJ is talking etc) and this generates an error in abstract_provider.py

PHP Code:
ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents'q'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py"line 7in <module>

runner.run(__provider__)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py"line 32in run
                                                __RUNNER__
.run(providercontext)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py"line 23in run
                                                results 
provider.navigate(context)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py"line 123in navigate
                                                result 
method(contextre_match)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py"line 253in _internal_search
                                                query 
params['q']

KeyError'q' 

I fixed this for myself by enclosing the search in a try:except block

PHP Code:
elif command == 'query':
            try:

query params['q']

search_history.update(query)
                return 
self.on_search(querycontextre_match)

except:

result =[]
                return 
result

else:

result = [] 
This stops any error notifications and although I think my use-case is unlike the majority of users, I thought I'd bring it to the attention of the add-on writers in case they would like to include the fix in a future version.

could this please be merged? This solves a youtube error when starting a trailer from a home menu widget in aeon nox silvo.
(2017-04-26, 18:14)horstepipe Wrote:
(2016-06-16, 10:22)black_eagle Wrote: The skin I use depends heavily on Script.Skin.Helper.Service which also depends on the YT plugin. When listening to on-line radio (which I do a LOT !!) the YT plugin often gets called when there is no track or artist info to look up (eg, station doesn't always supply it, DJ is talking etc) and this generates an error in abstract_provider.py

PHP Code:
ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents'q'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py"line 7in <module>

runner.run(__provider__)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py"line 32in run
                                                __RUNNER__
.run(providercontext)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py"line 23in run
                                                results 
provider.navigate(context)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py"line 123in navigate
                                                result 
method(contextre_match)

File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py"line 253in _internal_search
                                                query 
params['q']

KeyError'q' 

I fixed this for myself by enclosing the search in a try:except block

PHP Code:
elif command == 'query':
            try:

query params['q']

search_history.update(query)
                return 
self.on_search(querycontextre_match)

except:

result =[]
                return 
result

else:

result = [] 
This stops any error notifications and although I think my use-case is unlike the majority of users, I thought I'd bring it to the attention of the add-on writers in case they would like to include the fix in a future version.

could this please be merged? This solves a youtube error when starting a trailer from a home menu widget in aeon nox silvo.

Do a PR.

Jeff
How can I readd extended/extra info that was removed into the latest version of the YouTube addon?

Miss this feature and still don't know why it was removed.
You have not explained yourself very well, but reading between the lines and trying to understand you makes me think that reading the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page 1 here might be of assistance:

* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?
* WHY DO I ONLY HAVE 'LIST', 'BIG LIST' & 'THUMBNAIL' VIEWS AVAILABLE?
* HOW CAN I SET THE 'MEDIA INFO' VIEW AGAIN?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-04-22, 07:55)knives of ice Wrote: after enabling my API keys when i try to go signin again i get the following error each time:

YOUTUBE LOGIN Exception invalid_client

any idea what the problem is?

Same problem. Keys are copy-paste. So they're right (and double checked)
Anyone?

Ps: after invalid_client notification in the settings the api id is shorter than I added. Only the string begining exists. From first . the string id truncated. (.app.xxx is missing)
ok, i noticed my settings.xml was blown out, probably from a Kodi being a butt, so i had to re input everything. I noticed when i copied and pasted the API keys, the last letters didn't get included. double check your API Key, OAuth ID and secret. make sure they are what you have on website. Also .apps.googleusercontent.com is supposed to be removed.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12