• 3(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
Dash will be looked at in the next version. There is an option on the settings that will allow you to select which version but it's limited to 720p because this plugin is still pre-dash support.

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-04-03, 11:06)Nїghtwїng Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 06:52)jdf76 Wrote: It appears our API quota issue might be back.

If you get Unknown Exception or Unknown Kind "

or Request cannot be completed because you have exceeded the quota limit

it's a known API issue.

Thank you
Jeff
Also confim this. What about DASH support(for 1080p)? As I understand, it already supported in Jarvis, but not in plugin.
And how I can select per-video resolution?
Sorry DarrenHill... it was a fast shoot in google. You're right.

@tctimmeh are you logged in? Maybe you have to login over the options of the youtube-addon. Try also to activate the setup-guide in the options.
Note:

The current plugin 5.1.20.5 uses the same API keys for all version, which is why the quota ran out so quickly. I'm going to try and fix that one first as it's a game changer.

if you want to create your own API keys:

Quote:You need to edit the "key", "id" and "secret" numbers below with the ones you generate in the Google developers console located at https://console.developers.google.com/apis . The credentials you need to create are :

'key' = Browser key
'Id' = OAuth 2.0 client ID
'secret' = OAuth 2.0 client secret

Then go to the add-on settings and select the last tab and put in your API key,ID,secret in there.

For versions before that it's a little more detailed as you will have to edit the main file.

This is from the other thread at 2196528 (post) if you would like to see the original post and context.

Code:
For Openelec users, this file is located here : ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py . You will need to ssh into your openelec server in order to access this file, as its not exposed over SMB. Use putty or the like if you are on windows, or the built in ssh client if you are on linux or mac. The default login is : root / openelec. The file can be edited by nano.

You need to edit the "key", "id" and "secret" numbers below with the ones you generate in the Google developers console located at https://console.developers.google.com/apis . The credentials you need to create are :

'key' = Browser key
'Id' = OAuth 2.0 client ID
'secret' = OAuth 2.0 client secret

I've copied the relevant sections of the file below so you know what to edit. You should be able to just edit the key for your current version of XBMC, but Im still testing to see if this is the case.

*EDIT : DO NOT CHANGE the 'youtube-tv' credentials at the top of the file ( the first entry):

{
'youtube-tv': {
'system': 'All',
'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'
},

This controls the "my subscriptions" feed, and will break it, as the part of the app that streams that will not be correctly authorized. This is the first app you authorize when you sign into the plugin for the first time. You can change all of the other credentials to your new info without issue. They should all match when you are done. Make sure you dont miss any punctuation, as this will cause the app to fail.

After you are finished, sign out of the app and sign back in. This will use the new credentials.

__author__ = 'bromix'

import time
import urlparse

from resources.lib.kodion import simple_requests as requests
from resources.lib.youtube.youtube_exceptions import LoginException

class LoginClient(object):
CONFIGS = {
'youtube-tv': {
'key': 'AIzaSyAd-YEOqZz9nXVzGtn3KWzYLbLaajhqIDA',
'id': '861556708454-d6dlm3lh05idd8npek18k6be8ba3oc68.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'SboVhoG9s0rNafixCSGGKXAT'
},
# API KEY for search and channel infos. These should work most of the time without login to safe some quota
'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
'token-allowed': False,
'key': 'AIzaSyA7v1QOHz8Q4my5J8uGSpr0zRrntRjnMmk',
'id': '597640352045-7um2gr1v5rgobm5bf07ebesm3er48286.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'VmyQ12KkJ_N3yegu4Y-VGCXd'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-fallback': {
'token-allowed': False,
'system': 'Fallback!',
'key': 'AIzaSyBEvxICg_E5g8mfndYjWHH4WEDF2fN_zXM',
'id': '705000440035-f7v8mhn75udt6l20r75ko7f15c39ns1c.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'XeLKD8o_mdzEBDy9Nw5KMKbr'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-12': {
'system': 'Frodo',
'key': 'AIzaSyB6-pMlWO_XmgdM15VKGeLH4QsipdToBas',
'id': '131835494776-s0ef9jorci9vl0kaa5sqslupqvlku6ej.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'Fz9nnfVGoH6jiLc0iefvzZYM'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-13': {
'system': 'Gotham',
'key': 'AIzaSyB6-pMlWO_XmgdM15VKGeLH4QsipdToBas',
'id': '131835494776-s0ef9jorci9vl0kaa5sqslupqvlku6ej.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'Fz9nnfVGoH6jiLc0iefvzZYM'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-14': {
'system': 'Helix',
'key': 'AIzaSyCOxb_JvsI1-ZneJ2SXTkwZvW3fdtaR3bg',
'id': '45906745725-ucn38a9eumqcgfkmv14th17s0eq8kt5f.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'sK6GK-ZhzgXWehCdjaGybHRi'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
'system': 'Isengard',
'key': 'AIzaSyBAdxZCHbeJwnQ7dDZQJNfcaF46MdqJ24E',
'id': '988476436049-l9sfcivj4jtm1f2ppcvvbgsli6kvtis0.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': '_BEENv-a3-egDz_QKo5pGZCK'
},
'youtube-for-kodi-16': {
'system': 'Jarvis',
'key': 'AIzaSyBbgC4PZ2_hUdqqX7MIgdg2fK1nohv1jrw',
'id': '17932591024-8jruv1v7s78gipo7s17c91bnk26rqgpf.apps.googleusercontent.com',
'secret': 'bK9T234WWhqzYdcQLif1L35K'
}
}

Thank you,
Jeff
(2016-04-03, 16:34)tctimmeh Wrote: I just updated to Jarvis and installed youtube v5.1.20.5 from zip file but when I open the addon in Kodi I don't see any folders, just the ".." button. Does anybody know what I need to do to fix it?

I don't understand when you say you "open", how did you open it?

Try following this guide

Install from Zips

see if that helps you. Also make sure you grabbed the download from

here

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks
Jeff
Can we expect dash support now that plugin have maintainer
Eventually. Can give you a date though.

jeff

(2016-04-03, 18:42)Doktor-X Wrote: Can we expect dash support now that plugin have maintainer
Hi everyone,

At this moment I am writing the greek translation of the plugin, having pulled from Kolifanes repo, feel free to merge it in case you like.
I can try but i'll either be using google translate or need someone asistance with translating it.

Jeff

(2016-04-03, 19:00)twilight0 Wrote: Hi everyone,

At this moment I am writing the greek translation of the plugin, having pulled from Kolifanes repo, feel free to merge it in case you like.
Hi guys just an fyi, need today for myself so i wont be looking until tomorrow at things. I apologize i can't look into this today.

Thank you,
Jeff
(2016-04-03, 19:02)jdf76 Wrote: I can try but i'll either be using google translate or need someone asistance with translating it.

Jeff

That's exactly what I said, I will be the one to do the translation, I am greek native and good in english.
@twilight0
If You're finished just post it here. Think it will be implemented on the next version.

(2016-04-03, 19:15)twilight0 Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 19:02)jdf76 Wrote: I can try but i'll either be using google translate or need someone asistance with translating it.

Jeff

That's exactly what I said, I will be the one to do the translation, I am greek native and good in english.
Finished! https://github.com/Twilight0/plugin.video.youtube
(2016-04-03, 17:24)jdf76 Wrote: I don't understand when you say you "open", how did you open it?

Try following this guide

Install from Zips

see if that helps you. Also make sure you grabbed the download from

here

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks
Jeff

Sorry, when I say "open" I mean I selected the add-on in "My Addons" and hit the "Open" button. Yes, I installed it from that zip file.

(2016-04-03, 17:05)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: @tctimmeh are you logged in? Maybe you have to login over the options of the youtube-addon. Try also to activate the setup-guide in the options.

I don't have the option to log in. I don't have anything when I select the youtube addon. All that stuff used to be there before I upgraded to Jarvis, but now it's just the ".." button.
I got it working. Not sure why but I had to delete my .kodi/temp directory. No idea what could have been wrong in a temp area but at least I'm back running.

Thanks for your hard work everyone!
My bad, i've had a bad personal day today so i misunderstood. I did however decide to move the repo to my personal account for the time being because i haven't heard back from kolifanes. If i don't hear from kolifanes with in a couple of days i'll just ask you to republish your stuff to me. I hope thats ok.

Thanks
jeff

(2016-04-03, 19:15)twilight0 Wrote:

Jeff

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12