• 104(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
5.3.6 correctly updated on my OSMC setup....... About the unofficial version 5.3.5 it's possibly to re-add the contentview manually on my actually configuration ?
If it's a question out of regulation please remove this reply..... and sorry me.
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
I still don't understand why every view wouldn't be enabled for every content type, so long as it actually works and looks OK. Media View certainly met that standard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a technical reason behind it, explained in that link. But that should be viewed as a problem to be fixed before forcing an unwelcome change upon users. In my case, I simply stopped using the addon entirely due to this. I have no plans to switch to a hacked-together version that won't autoupdate. And I'm sure I'm not alone.
In the WideView there is no Sign for watched or not watched Anymore. Only the Release Year .....

The other possible View show this but its also horrible. special if you use a mouse.

EDIT: Thanks for the unofficial mod. Please please add this back to the official version. the both views in the official are many steps back.
(2016-12-05, 20:11)rodalpho Wrote: Since it's broken in Confluence I guess you weren't kidding that nobody took your advice.

Can you report what's exactly broken in Confluence here please.
(2016-12-07, 08:33)Hitcher Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 20:11)rodalpho Wrote: Since it's broken in Confluence I guess you weren't kidding that nobody took your advice.

Can you report what's exactly broken in Confluence here please.

All of the details have already been posted in the last few of pages of this thread (worth reading for the complete picture), but I will try to summarise.

- Version 5.3.6 of YouTube has been updated to comply with the policy enforcement noted here:
(2016-12-05, 17:18)phil65 Wrote: That might the uneducated opinion from someone who doesnt know the technical side of things Wink
I explained things in more detail here: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/771
On next estuary update some more viewtypes will be enabled for "videos" content type. (Wall and InfoWall)

- This causes the MediaInfo view to no longer be available to YouTube videos (only List, Big List, and Thumbnails are available).
I can confirm this with the Xonfluence skin, which is a Confluence Mod.

Martijn tried to help clarify the issue here:
(2016-12-05, 19:53)Martijn Wrote: Do not forget the function to correctly set content was already available since 2015 which is pre-v16 so not only v17 Krypton. No one actually took our advise except a few.

This is where rodalpho's comment becomes relevant here:

- The MediaInfo view is also now no longer available to YouTube videos in the Confluence skin either.

So Rodalpho was referring to the fact that even stock Confluence appears 'not to have taken Team Kodi's advice since 2015', because the same situation exists in Team Kodi's own skin.

Now, as above, phil65 mentioned:
(2016-12-05, 17:18)phil65 Wrote: On next estuary update some more viewtypes will be enabled for "videos" content type. (Wall and InfoWall)

I'm not sure what these new Wall and InfoWall views will look like in Estuary, but for YouTube and other similar video addons we still need something similar to the current "Episodes" in Confluence.

However this still doesn't help users right now, today, who are using Kodi 16.1 (the current stable release) and YouTube 5.3.6 (the current stable release, complying with Team Kodi policy).

The current suggestion seems to be that the skinners need to fix their skins.
Some more advice for skinners has been made available by phil65 in a new thread here.

Does this mean that stock Kodi Confluence is/has updated to solve this situation?
Can Confluence Mod skinners now simply update their Mods from stock Confluence?

In addition there seems to be further situation in relation to 'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched', detailed here:
(2016-12-05, 19:13)anxdpanic Wrote: I'm going to try to sum up the user side of this to hopefully help with some clarity on this.

Core/skins lack a default view per content type. (override view)
'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched' is not available to videos (wasn't aware of this until users presented it)
and here:
(2016-12-05, 19:53)Martijn Wrote: If there is indeed an issue now with watched/unwatched we'll have to fix that and not hack around the problem.

Alternatively, I did make another suggestion here, but so far this has gone unanswered by Team Kodi.
(2016-12-05, 20:11)jmh2002 Wrote: On a separate note, perhaps Team Kodi would be agreeable to this change not being enforced for addons in the pre Krypton repos?

Because 2015 or not, it seems that the skins are somewhat behind with the necessary changes, and regardless of whose fault this is it still has an immediate serious negative impact on everyday Kodi use for existing users who haven't actually done anything wrong.

Since it will take some time (possibly even some months) for all the skins to get themselves in line with Team Kodi policy, I still respectfully request that my above suggestion at least be considered, because at the moment the limited available Views for YouTube videos make the addon almost unusable from a daily practical point of view.

This will also be the case for any other video addon that updates to comply with the policy enforcement - there are more than 300 of them here (but perhaps YouTube has been the first to implement the required changes?).

@Hitcher - Do I need to repost all of this in the Main Confluence thread that you referenced?

THANKS for continuing to look into this situation, it is most appreciated Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-12-05, 17:18)phil65 Wrote: On next estuary update some more viewtypes will be enabled for "videos" content type. (Wall and InfoWall)

Can someone please post some screenshots of what the Wall and InfoWall viewtypes will look like with YouTube MySubscriptions?
(or whatever the best equivalent to the current Episodes view for "videos" content type will be in Estuary/Kodi 17)

I couldn't (easily) find this.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
How to use youtube with channel_id in a strm file.

I tried these but it didn't work:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/embed/live_stream?channel=UC--UtxrU7FWNCp0l7AG9EIw

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=UC--UtxrU7FWNCp0l7AG9EIw

Help please
(2016-12-07, 13:32)mhm313 Wrote: How to use youtube with channel_id in a strm file.

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/embed/live_stream?channel=UC--UtxrU7FWNCp0l7AG9EIw

Help please

can you do a debug log (wiki) for us please.

Jeff
(2016-12-07, 13:32)mhm313 Wrote: How to use youtube with channel_id in a strm file.

Help please

Check this post for the add-on endpoints. Not sure if it will work in a .strm file though.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2016-12-07, 18:45)ix400 Wrote: ... so when will there be 4k support for the youtube plug in? I have installed the mpeg.dash plugin, but still no 4k support in youtube. [FACE WITH LOOK OF TRIUMPH]
I play 4k videos with v17
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
can you please send a screenshot of your "input stream adaptive" settings? guess it's all about those settings.

i have a 50mbit dsl line. should be enough for 4k youtube videos.
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
I also can't get any 4K video played in Youtube addon, always got a 1080P instead. When played the same video in laptop, it's 4K. I can successfully play 4K video stored in local network share with Kodi.
Is there a easy way do access a live stream from a channel? In my abos i have only the last uploaded videos but not the stream
Could someone help me with lagging playback on 60 fps videos ?
(2016-12-09, 01:42)grey14 Wrote: Could someone help me with lagging playback on 60 fps videos ?

When the video starts the playing in handed over to the videoplayer. Unforutnately i don't know where to send you at that point. It's probably to do with inputstream since you want 60fps.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.

jeff
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12