• 120(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-01-21, 19:28)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 15:59)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 20:47)ssarava9 Wrote: can someone please help ?

Did you try and configure the inputstream settings?

That might help.

Jeff

One coin on my side.

The inputstrem check the screen resolution too and does not allow to play videos "bigger" than it. So if you have an HD Ready TV or your computer resolution is less than 1920x1080, you will have 720p at maximum. Of course this are my thoughts...unfortunately I didn't receive any feedback from the developer until now...

Regarding the settings in the picture above...may be having "Auto" it will leave the decision to the inputstream...I put 1080 and Manual respectively...but still not able to play at more than 720p...I'm a little bit confused about the behaviour to be honest... Wink Jeff, with these settings do you play 1080p?

And what I reported here is still valid.

You guys are awesome, i changed the settings in inputstream to 1080 and stream selection to manual and that did the trick, now getting 4k as well
happier than ever...:-)

Thanks guys
(2017-01-21, 20:57)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 19:28)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 15:59)jdf76 Wrote: Did you try and configure the inputstream settings?

That might help.

Jeff

One coin on my side.

The inputstrem check the screen resolution too and does not allow to play videos "bigger" than it. So if you have an HD Ready TV or your computer resolution is less than 1920x1080, you will have 720p at maximum. Of course this are my thoughts...unfortunately I didn't receive any feedback from the developer until now...

Regarding the settings in the picture above...may be having "Auto" it will leave the decision to the inputstream...I put 1080 and Manual respectively...but still not able to play at more than 720p...I'm a little bit confused about the behaviour to be honest... Wink Jeff, with these settings do you play 1080p?

You guys are awesome, i changed the settings in inputstream to 1080 and stream selection to manual and that did the trick, now getting 4k as well

Thanks guys

Really happy that you managed it! Can I ask you a favour? Can you please try to play this video through the YouTube add-on and report back at which resolution it is played?

Thanks!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-01-21, 19:00)jeks Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 20:36)jeks Wrote: Since I updated to 5.3.6 (Estuary Skin, Krypton RC3) , I have no more the option to see if I've already watch a video or not... (The Watch symbol that appears on the side of a video that I already watched) . Is it a bug from the update? Because before that, it's worked.

Thanks and sorry english is not my foreign language!

Am I the only one to have this issue??

I have not had this issue.

Is this what you mean?

Jeff
(2017-01-21, 21:35)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 20:36)jeks Wrote: Since I updated to 5.3.6 (Estuary Skin, Krypton RC3) , I have no more the option to see if I've already watch a video or not... (The Watch symbol that appears on the side of a video that I already watched) . Is it a bug from the update? Because before that, it's worked.

I have not had this issue.

Is this what you mean?

Jeff

Yes look:

5.3.4 ---> Image

5.3.6 and 5.3.8 ---> Image
If I remember correctly it's a known issue related to the Views policy now being enforced by Kodi (which is why it doesn't occur in the earlier YouTube version - this version wasnt compliant with this Views policy).

More info from my post here:

(2016-12-07, 11:03)jmh2002 Wrote: In addition there seems to be further situation in relation to 'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched', detailed here:
(2016-12-05, 19:13)anxdpanic Wrote: I'm going to try to sum up the user side of this to hopefully help with some clarity on this.

Core/skins lack a default view per content type. (override view)
'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched' is not available to videos (wasn't aware of this until users presented it)
and here:
(2016-12-05, 19:53)Martijn Wrote: If there is indeed an issue now with watched/unwatched we'll have to fix that and not hack around the problem.

So I think the short answer is:

- Has Estuary been updated to comply with the Views policy now being enforced by Kodi?
- Does Estuary now correctly handle content type "videos" correctly (which is what YouTube content is now set to) ?

From here:
(2016-12-05, 17:18)phil65 Wrote: On next estuary update some more viewtypes will be enabled for "videos" content type. (Wall and InfoWall)

As far as I am aware the YouTube addon is now compliant and correct, and it is the Skins that need to be updated.

I would post in the Estuary Skin thread (but hopefully both @phil65 and @Martijn will see this post too).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-01-22, 08:38)jmh2002 Wrote: If I remember correctly it's a known issue related to the Views policy now being enforced by Kodi (which is why it doesn't occur in the earlier YouTube version - this version wasnt compliant with this Views policy).

More info from my post here:

(2016-12-07, 11:03)jmh2002 Wrote: In addition there seems to be further situation in relation to 'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched', detailed here:
(2016-12-05, 19:13)anxdpanic Wrote: I'm going to try to sum up the user side of this to hopefully help with some clarity on this.

Core/skins lack a default view per content type. (override view)
'Mark as Watched/Hide Watched' is not available to videos (wasn't aware of this until users presented it)
and here:
(2016-12-05, 19:53)Martijn Wrote: If there is indeed an issue now with watched/unwatched we'll have to fix that and not hack around the problem.

So I think the short answer is:

- Has Estuary been updated to comply with the Views policy now being enforced by Kodi?
- Does Estuary now correctly handle content type "videos" correctly (which is what YouTube content is now set to) ?

From here:
(2016-12-05, 17:18)phil65 Wrote: On next estuary update some more viewtypes will be enabled for "videos" content type. (Wall and InfoWall)

As far as I am aware the YouTube addon is now compliant and correct, and it is the Skins that need to be updated.

I would post in the Estuary Skin thread (but hopefully both @phil65 and @Martijn will see this post too).

Yes it is an issue related to Estuary Skin (seen/unseen works with youtube 5.3.4 but not with 5.3.6 ou 5.3.8), maybe it's fixed in nightly builds but not on RC3 (I don't use Kodi's nightly builds). I use Youtube 5.3.8 and seen/unseen works fine in Titan Skin. Smile
(2017-01-22, 10:01)jeks Wrote: Yes it is an issue related to Estuary Skin (seen/unseen works with youtube 5.3.4 but not with 5.3.6 ou 5.3.8), maybe it's fixed in nightly builds but not on RC3 (I don't use Kodi's nightly builds). I use Youtube 5.3.8 and seen/unseen works fine in Titan Skin. Smile
I can confirm the same issue on Kodi 16.1 with Artic Zephyr and Confluence skin.
(2017-01-22, 10:01)jeks Wrote: Yes it is an issue related to Estuary Skin (seen/unseen works with youtube 5.3.4 but not with 5.3.6 ou 5.3.8), maybe it's fixed in nightly builds but not on RC3 (I don't use Kodi's nightly builds). I use Youtube 5.3.8 and seen/unseen works fine in Titan Skin. Smile

Ok, so I guess I'm confused regarding why you have posted in the YouTube support thread then... ?

It took me quite a lot of time to go back and find all of the information and create a thorough and informative reply for you this morning, and now I find there was no sense to do this...

Please post in the Estuary support thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)

No. It's seems only now when someone replied
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/7
Please see the above posts. Please post this problem in the appropriate Skin threads.

As far as I am aware it is not a YouTube issue.
(2017-01-22, 13:34)jmh2002 Wrote: Ok, so I guess I'm confused regarding why you have posted in the YouTube support thread then... ?

It took me quite a lot of time to go back and find all of the information and create a thorough and informative reply for you this morning, and now I find there was no sense to do this...

jmh2002, for me it was not obvious anyway that the problem is in the skin only, sorry for that. And thank you for replying, your post was helpful
(2017-01-21, 21:02)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 20:57)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 19:28)axlt2002 Wrote: One coin on my side.

Thanks guys

Really happy that you managed it! Can I ask you a favour? Can you please try to play this video through the YouTube add-on and report back at which resolution it is played?

Thanks!

Unfortunately it plays only in 720 but in youtube web view plays in 1080, dont know why
(2017-01-22, 14:43)bam80 Wrote: jmh2002, for me it was not obvious anyway that the problem is in the skin only, sorry for that. And thank you for replying, your post was helpful
Thanks bam80 Nod
(2017-01-22, 13:34)jmh2002 Wrote:

Ok, so I guess I'm confused regarding why you have posted in the YouTube support thread then... ?

Thanks a lot to had take the time to reply me with a complete answer, you have not do that for nothing. Really appreciated. But look at that post below, it seems that it is not just an Estuary Skin issue but with some others skins too. So, the problem is in the code of these skins or the Youtube addon? I'm confused too.

(2017-01-22, 13:16)DappereDodo Wrote:
I can confirm the same issue on Kodi 16.1 with Artic Zephyr and Confluence skin.

My question is : Why it's a skinS related issue if this "bug" happens with more than one skin and the problem was not there with version 5.3.4 ? All skins must adapt to Youtube's addon new code?
(2017-01-22, 19:25)jeks Wrote: My question is : Why it's a skinS related issue if this "bug" happens with more than one skin and the problem was not there with version 5.3.4 ? All skins must adapt to Youtube's addon new code?

The short answer is yes, all skins must adapt (not to YouTube, but to Team Kodi's enforcement of policy for addons and skins).
The short reason for this is because the YouTube addon (from 5.3.6 onwards) was updated to comply with this policy.

As a side note, although I think the YouTube addon was the first to make these changes to comply (and so we are the ones dealing with the initial problems from this), all similar streaming video type addons will also need to change their coding too in the future.

You can find a summary of all of this here.
I already posted this link above, and I would urge you to read it, as well as the posts preceding it, because I am just repeating myself here.

NB: I am assuming that any issue with showing the watched mark is connected with these same changes related to views and setting content type as "videos"and is not some other spurious issue.

Changes have been pushed to github for Confluence by Team Kodi member @Hitcher (thanks Hitcher!) to allow the Media Info view to be available (again) to addons such as YouTube that will now need to set their content type as "videos".

This official change should also now be adopted by skinners to complete the policy changes and make everything work like before (except in line with this enforcement, views will be set by skins, and not by addons).

I have personally informed the developer of Xonfluence (a Confluence mod) about this issue because it is the skin that I use and hopefully an update will be pushed in due course. Other skin developers may have taken an alternative 'non-official' approach to a fix already which is why some skins might work and some might not. I don't know.

I dont know what is happening with Estuary because I don't use it, and don't follow it's support thread, but it's developer is the very same @phil65 mentioned in my previous posts and links, and who informed us of this policy change in the first place, so he should be fully aware of the situation.

As I said (several times) please post in the relevant skin support threads...

As far as I know the YouTube addon is fully compliant with Team Kodi policy, and we have followed Team Kodi member @phil65's instructions correctly, and it is now up to everyone else (skin developers) to follow through with these changes too.

This is the situation as far as I know and as far as I understand it.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12