Release - YouTube Plug-in Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
sherl0k Offline
(2016-11-23 13:34)robo989 Wrote:  Really good work continuing here, thanks for the support and releases...

I do have a little question if I may though.
Using all the recent addons with DASH, with Kodi set to switch to resolution/refresh rate to match video obviously there is a few seconds of blank screen when the display device changes which can't be avoided.

But I'm noticing a few seconds after this another blanking of the screen for a few seconds before the video then continues to play.
I'm assuming this (and from looking at the video stream info it confirms it) is changing streams to match bandwidth of connection.

Would it be possible to have it so the bandwidth is not "tested" every time a video is played as inevitably we are talking about 10-12 seconds from selecting a video to where it is actually playing properly. There is also a few seconds of silence after that change of resolution where sound is muted as the audio system establishes a new handshake etc too.

Not complaining here by any stretch so I do hope it doesn't sound like that but maybe there's a way to avoid this situation as on the 2nd video change there's no possibility to pause the video to allow it to carry on where the change took place,

Thanks again for the great work.

I had this problem for weeks, annoying as hell. I fixed it by using true fullscreen, not borderless windowed fullscreen.
find quote
peak3d Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-05-21 01:59)r0ck0 Wrote:  Is there a fix for the double refresh rate change when inputstream.adaptive is enabled?

Is in the pipeline, but will be only K18+
find quote
techch3 Offline
I watch Yotube on my Smart TV with 16.1 Version Kodi.

I have a problem to set the subtitle for youtube. In the setting , I found subtitle download has options: English, Promote, Setting English , and ALL. What's the meaning of each option? If I want to shaow the English subtitle by Youtube auto translate, What should I do?
find quote
jdf76 Offline
Donor
(Yesterday 11:09)techch3 Wrote:  I watch Yotube on my Smart TV with 16.1 Version Kodi.

I have a problem to set the subtitle for youtube. In the setting , I found subtitle download has options: English, Promote, Setting English , and ALL. What's the meaning of each option? If I want to shaow the English subtitle by Youtube auto translate, What should I do?

I don't think there is a way to have auto-translate, but i don't program it.

Jeff
find quote
Silm Offline
Hi,

I installed the YouTube plugin on Kodi 17.2 (Raspberry Pi 2, xbian fully up to date).

I followed the assistant, and configured as best as I could (20 s caching, no fan art)

I can watch only a few videos before the addon crashes the Rapsberry Pi 2, then there is nothing to do except removing power and pluging power again.

This also happens when I'm browsing a list of videos. Sometimes, it will crash.

Is this a known problem ? Is there a fix ? Why does the crashing of the plugin results in the crashing of the whole system, and can it not be contained to the plugin itself ?

NB: I have a very good fiber Internet connection and can watch 4K YouTube videos without problems on my PC with Chrome or .Vivaldi.

Thanks,
Sil
(This post was last modified: Today 19:58 by Silm.)
find quote