Kodi Add-On Menus Have Gone Crazy!
Photo 
Hi All - Hoping for any advice. This has been driving me nuts for days.

Running Kodi 17.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit
Intel NUC
4GB RAM
Intel Core i3-U @ 1.70 GHz x 4
Graphics Haswell Mobile

All was working fine for months then suddenly a few days ago the menus went all corrupt. The images are of confluence (which I use) but any skins that I change to appear messed up as well. They have gone all white and some of the graphics don't show. Estuary and some of the other super basic skins seem to work normally.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi via the GUI method but this keeps coming back. I'm not certain the uninstall went correctly as all my add-ons are still there when I re-installed.

I have Ubuntu set to backup every week to an external drive. I've tried restoring now to several different archive dates and it comes back the same every time....This is also odd as the restored system has all my old files and settings from just before the restore...but weren't there when the backup was made.

Graphics seem to work correctly in any other program and video I play so I can't figure out why this is happening....So I think not a hardware failure.

Any thoughts beyond formatting the drive and starting from scratch?

This is what confluence looks like right now

A Debug Log is needed to see what was going wrong.

From a short look: Do you build kodi from source? If yes, it seems some texturepacker related files got stuck and need a git clean -xfd + boostrap + configure + new make
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
known issue, confluence 3.0.6 has corrupt textures.
will be fixed in 3.0.7
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Guys

I have crash log files on the system but nothing I can identify as a "debug" log. Can you tell me where I'd find that?

Re: Confluence version - This isn't only present in Confluence. Amber and Mimic show this same behavior. Only the basic skin seems to be immune.

I'm not sure I understand why this would be the case if it worked well for months. Maybe something updated from a previous version without my knowing? Any way to tell?
This is a pain. I figured out the process to post the debug log...It seemed to work the first time but I never got the email with the logs URL. Now no further attempt will work and I occasionally get a log uploader error.

Perhaps a better approach to this would be to truly uninstall Kodi from the system so that no trace or related services or settings remain...Just not sure how to do that...

Thoughts?
For a fresh start rename the hidden .kodi directory in your home directory. This will remove all your settings and addons.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
OK - Starting to feel like a dummy here.

I have enabled "show hidden files and directories" however in file manager I don't see the .kodi
rm -rf ~/.kodi from a shell will do
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-03, 22:53)TorontoJoe Wrote: Hi All - Hoping for any advice. This has been driving me nuts for days.

Running Kodi 17.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit
Intel NUC
4GB RAM
Intel Core i3-U @ 1.70 GHz x 4
Graphics Haswell Mobile

All was working fine for months then suddenly a few days ago the menus went all corrupt. The images are of confluence (which I use) but any skins that I change to appear messed up as well. They have gone all white and some of the graphics don't show. Estuary and some of the other super basic skins seem to work normally.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi via the GUI method but this keeps coming back. I'm not certain the uninstall went correctly as all my add-ons are still there when I re-installed.

I have Ubuntu set to backup every week to an external drive. I've tried restoring now to several different archive dates and it comes back the same every time....This is also odd as the restored system has all my old files and settings from just before the restore...but weren't there when the backup was made.

Graphics seem to work correctly in any other program and video I play so I can't figure out why this is happening....So I think not a hardware failure.

Any thoughts beyond formatting the drive and starting from scratch?

This is what confluence looks like right now

I'd start from scratch and while your at it, read the rules where it states we do not provide support for installations that contain piracy add-ons like the one you have in this picture.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
confluence 3.0.7 update fixed mine
ok, good to know. Had the same thing on Kodi 17 alpha.
I'd like to try doing the confluence 3.0.7 update. Can you point me in the direction of info on how to do the update?

I'm on Kodi 10 and indeed this problems occurs on other advanced skins....So maybe I should be moving back to a previous version of Kodi. Problem is that I've tried this and keep ending up with kodi 17.

Anyone know terminal commands to properly remove Kodi 17 and add previous version of Kodi?
I broke down!

Reinstalled OS. Linus Mint 17. Kodi and Confluence running great with ALL addons

Sometimes you gotta cut your losses and move on.

Loving Mint!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Add-On Menus Have Gone Crazy!0