Req Fallback to DirectX 9
could you provide a Debug Log? The notice is no issue in general. Kodi is probing which capabilities are available and uses the one that's present. As said, my notebook also only has a DX9 capable GPU but I still have HW decoding.

Btw - have you tested a v17 nightly if that might have a fix already? You can install it side by side to your current installation and run it in portable mode for testing.
(2016-04-05, 14:01)da-anda Wrote: could you provide a Debug Log? The notice is no issue in general. Kodi is probing which capabilities are available and uses the one that's present. As said, my notebook also only has a DX9 capable GPU but I still have HW decoding.

Yes, what do you want me to do for the log, just start Kodi with debug enabled?

(2016-04-05, 14:01)da-anda Wrote: Btw - have you tested a v17 nightly if that might have a fix already? You can install it side by side to your current installation and run it in portable mode for testing.

No but I'm on 16.1 RC2 which made it worse (blank screen) if hardware decode is enabled. I'll try to look into testing 17 in portable mode at some stage but I'm a little busy at the moment.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-04-05, 04:20)JackGrimes Wrote: That might actually work. I've thought about putting Linux on this laptop before however lately I've had pretty bad luck with it and support for laptops tends to be very spotty. Maybe I'll have to give coLinux or andLinux a try.

That is what I did with an old Pentium 4 machine and it is still chugging along. It is running Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.4 32-bit server edition.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fallback to DirectX 90