Beta IMDb Advanced Search addon
The favourite will go back to the genres menu not the top level. That's the only way I could encode the settings in the favourite. I have another plan for later.

I've added a context menu item on the genres to "Reload Settings from Favourite" today. It will add the settings from the favourite link back into the addon so you can tweak it again.

At the moment it just adds the settings from the imdb url so only the things that are different from the defaults are reloaded. You need to press defaults before reload settings to get back to where you were.

Later I'm planning to encode all the settings into the favourite so you can get back to exactly how the addon was when the favourite was made.

I was thinking about adding a custom favourites menu in the addon but I think it is more powerful if you can arrange them how you have done in Super Favourites with subfolders.
I've changed the behaviour a bit in 0.0.19.

All the settings are now encoded in the Favourite url, so you can reload the complete search parameters.
Old favourites won't reload because the parameters weren't encoded with them. Sorry @Paranoidjack.

There is also an information dialog where you can see all the search parameters. This should be useful if you load a favourite and can't remember how you set it up.

This is still beta, so I reserve the right to screw things up. Wink
The new system seems far better - I'll redo the favourites tomorrow sometime.
(2016-04-09, 19:45)Paranoidjack Wrote: The new system seems far better - I'll redo the favourites tomorrow sometime.

Hold tight. I have a few more things to check and fix. I'm changing how it stores Favourites to a better way but it will break your old Favourites. I can try and automate the change if you have a lot of Favourites already.
0.0.23 Should work. All the parameters are encoded in the Favourite now and should overwrite almost everything on a "Reload Settings From Favourite". Empty parameters are encoded with 'NULL'.

There are a lot of Settings that I could have messed up. I would appreciate if you would try and find any that are wrong or create errors. I am sure there must be some bugs in there but I have done as much testing as I can stomach for now.

When everything is ok I will add the Favourite handling code to the TMDb addon and then even take some time off to actually watch a movie. Wink
Will go over the settings today and report back.
is there any way to search movies and tv shows in the same query?
is there a way that you can enable multiple types in query in the settings.
suggestion remove search from settings and whenever you open the plugin a setstring dialog opens then it searches. and also could you make a feature so it automatically forwards directly to results
(2016-04-25, 01:54)Demonstratorz Wrote: is there a way that you can enable multiple types in query in the settings.
suggestion remove search from settings and whenever you open the plugin a setstring dialog opens then it searches. and also could you make a feature so it automatically forwards directly to results

I have to struggle with the limitations of Kodi unfortunately.

TV and Movies need to be independent so they can have the proper attributes set in the directory listing.

Everything is in the settings because I really don't know how to make such a complicated dialog box from scratch and don't have the will to either.

Multiple selection is a new thing in Kodi. I might add it to some of the fields.

This is really not a simple search string addon. Almost every Movie/TV addon provides that already.

If you want to use this for its full power use the custom name field and add different searches to your favourites.
Hi primaeval
On my side works only movies search. No matter which type of I set.
(2016-04-25, 16:54)ciprijan Wrote: Hi primaeval
On my side works only movies search. No matter which type of I set.

You probably have to exit the addon back to the Video Addons page.
There is something strange on some systems like Android that don't refresh the Search page when the Settings change.
I have been trying to find a way to force a refresh but I can't find it.

Right click and pull up Information on the Search or genres items to see what Settings it is using.
This is also useful if you make a Favourite shortcut and come back to the Search later.

If it still doesn't work let me know.
Seems to work now.

regards
Hi, the user rating high parameter doesnt seems to be effective. If I set it to 5 I got movie with rating higher than 5 in the result.
Another idea to improve the addon, it would be nice to have a "current' setting for the year end parameter, so people who create favorite doesnt have to modify them at every new year.
(2016-04-27, 11:53)mac1202 Wrote: Hi, the user rating high parameter doesnt seems to be effective. If I set it to 5 I got movie with rating higher than 5 in the result.
Another idea to improve the addon, it would be nice to have a "current' setting for the year end parameter, so people who create favorite doesnt have to modify them at every new year.

Did you make sure the low value is less than the high value? By default it is 6.0.

I couldn't find a way to change default settings in Kodi programmatically.
I'll just have to make sure the addon gets a yearly update if it lasts that long. Wink

edit:
I did suggest making a "years ago" setting instead of from/to. How about that?
(2016-04-27, 12:02)primaeval Wrote: Did you make sure the low value is less than the high value? By default it is 6.0.

I couldn't find a way to change default settings in Kodi programmatically.
I'll just have to make sure the addon gets a yearly update if it lasts that long. Wink

edit:
I did suggest making a "years ago" setting instead of from/to. How about that?

Yes I set the low value to 0.
With a year ago setting will it be still possible to search movie from a time period ? For example movie from 1980 to 1990.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Advanced Search addon1