Beta IMDb Advanced Search addon
(2016-04-27, 14:26)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 12:02)primaeval Wrote: Did you make sure the low value is less than the high value? By default it is 6.0.

I couldn't find a way to change default settings in Kodi programmatically.
I'll just have to make sure the addon gets a yearly update if it lasts that long. Wink

edit:
I did suggest making a "years ago" setting instead of from/to. How about that?

Yes I set the low value to 0.
With a year ago setting will it be still possible to search movie from a time period ? For example movie from 1980 to 1990.

I'm not sure whether the user rating setting is working or not.
If I set year=2016,2016 user_rating=4.5,5.0 sort=user_rating,desc I get 17 results in Any with nothing higher than 5.0.
This is correct.
If IMDb can't find any results, sometimes it ignores the settings to give you some results anyway.
Can you check if these settings give you the same results.

I would have to include both years ago and range setting to make it useful. I would prefer just the range as that is what imdb takes.
The 2015,2016 default is just a convenience for sensible defaults. It could be 1900,2100 but it means a lot more user clicking. Wink
(2016-04-27, 14:52)primaeval Wrote: I'm not sure whether the user rating setting is working or not.
If I set year=2016,2016 user_rating=4.5,5.0 sort=user_rating,desc I get 17 results in Any with nothing higher than 5.0.
This is correct.
If IMDb can't find any results, sometimes it ignores the settings to give you some results anyway.

I would have to include both years ago and range setting to make it useful. I would prefer just the range as that is what imdb takes.
The 2015,2016 default is just a convenience for sensible defaults. It could be 1900,2100 but it means a lot more user clicking. Wink

Yes i got the same result as you. I made some testing and the problem happen when you set the min user rating below 1. If you set it between 0 and 0.9 you get result higher than the max user rating you set.
Another feature that will be nice it's the possibility to set several language to search. For example as a french speaker i would like to find french and english movie it's not possible for the moment, and setting language to any just return too much movie.
(2016-04-28, 16:25)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 14:52)primaeval Wrote: I'm not sure whether the user rating setting is working or not.
This is correct.

Yes i got the same result as you. I made some testing and the problem happen when you set the min user rating below 1. If you set it between 0 and 0.9 you get result higher than the max user rating you set.
Another feature that will be nice it's the possibility to set several language to search. For example as a french speaker i would like to find french and english movie it's not possible for the moment, and setting language to any just return too much movie.

I just checked the imdb search page and they start from 1.0 not 0.0. I'll modify the addon in the next release to do the same.

I'll see if I can add multiple selections now that they are supported in Kodi.
You can always make several shortcuts to different language searches. Use the custom name field to rename them.
Hi primaeval
Something is wrong here, my any search is empty.
By the way meta video search is out of date. Is it possible to replace with the actual fork.

Regards
Hi there, would it be possible to incorporate your IMDB public Watchlist into this addon. That would be great.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-07-29, 00:05)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi there, would it be possible to incorporate your IMDB public Watchlist into this addon. That would be great.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not sure because I don't use their api. I just scape the web page. I'll have a look for you.
That would be awesome.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-07-29, 00:05)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi there, would it be possible to incorporate your IMDB public Watchlist into this addon. That would be great.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I had a look and there is no simple way to do it. There is no api. I am out of my depth with all the login authentication methods.

You can use Trakt to add movies to your watchlists and then link from them to imdb in a normal web browser.
Trakt has really cornered the market for watchlist integration, which is why I added support for it.

I take it you meant add to imdb watchlist, not just view the public watchlist?
There are several addons that can import imdb watchlists. Some of them are probably on the Kodi forum banned list, so be careful.

If you or anyone can find a way to login to imdb and add movies to the watchlist I will gladly add the code.
(2016-07-29, 18:06)primaeval Wrote:

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I had a look and there is no simple way to do it. There is no api. I am out of my depth with all the login authentication methods.

You can use Trakt to add movies to your watchlists and then link from them to imdb in a normal web browser.
Trakt has really cornered the market for watchlist integration, which is why I added support for it.

There are several addons that can import imdb watchlists. Some of them are probably on the Kodi forum banned list, so be careful.

If you or anyone can find a way to login to imdb and add movies to the watchlist I will gladly add the code.

I meant just add the public watchlist the ur******** Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-07-29, 21:28)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 18:06)primaeval Wrote:

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I meant just add the public watchlist the ur******** Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

How did you want it to work? Just show your public watchlist at the top level of the addon or something more?
Yes that would be great. Divided by movie Watchlist and TV Watchlist. Then for example when you clicked on the TV Show it gave you the info. Something like that?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-07-29, 22:17)ed_davidson Wrote: Yes that would be great. Divided by movie Watchlist and TV Watchlist. Then for example when you clicked on the TV Show it gave you the info. Something like that?

Sent from my iPhone

The imdb watchlists are not seperated into tv and movies as far as I can see. They can be mixed. It is up to you how you add to them. Is that right?

I think a seperate imdb watchlist browser without the search functionality would be easiest.
Do you want it to launch the same addons?
How many lists do you want to keep track of?

Are you sure you don't want to use Trakt? Meta4Kodi has a lot of Trakt integration as well as the other addons I interface with.
(2016-07-29, 23:19)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 22:17)ed_davidson Wrote: Yes that would be great. Divided by movie Watchlist and TV Watchlist. Then for example when you clicked on the TV Show it gave you the info. Something like that?

Sent from my iPhone

The imdb watchlists are not seperated into tv and movies as far as I can see. They can be mixed. It is up to you how you add to them. Is that right?

I think a seperate imdb watchlist browser without the search functionality would be easiest.
Do you want it to launch the same addons?
How many lists do you want to keep track of?

Are you sure you don't want to use Trakt? Meta4Kodi has a lot of Trakt integration as well as the other addons I interface with.

The IMDB watchlist is separated into Movies and TV. I have looked at the Ex**** addon and it does it.
Launching the same addons would be great.
I have never had any luck with trackt I maybe a bit to dumb for it. I just want something simpler. IMDB is perfect for what I want. Meta4kodi doesn't integrate IMDB as far as I can tell.
Thanks for helping.

Sent from my iPhone
I only need to keep track of the movies and TV lists.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-07-28, 22:23)ciprijan Wrote: Hi primaeval
Something is wrong here, my any search is empty.
By the way meta video search is out of date. Is it possible to replace with the actual fork.

Regards

Advanced IMDb Title Search addon does not work for me the last few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Advanced Search addon1