Could anyone do with a digital-artist?
Hi there guys,

I've been so blown away with XBMC since I got it, I really feel that I would now like to give something back. I cant code or do anything technical on the XBMC side, but I do know how to design.

If anyone could use another pair of Photoshop hands then please let me know as I would be more than happy to help out where needed. I have over 7 years photoshop experience, and have run my own Graphic Design business.

Some of my digital artwork can be found at http://mikebeecham.deviantart.com

No worries if no-one needs anything, but I wanted to make the offer!
I just thought that I would spend an hour or so creating a fairly decent mock-up, based on Acer's new media centre...not sure what you guys think?

maybe you want to join Team XBMC and create graphics for us when the need arises ?

any good with animations ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Never done animations to be honest..having only really created 2d Work (again, http://mikebeecham.deviantart.com)...

If the offer to join team XBMC is open then I would more then welcome a conversation at some stage.
mikebeecham Wrote:I just thought that I would spend an hour or so creating a fairly decent mock-up, based on Acer's new media centre...not sure what you guys think?

Im loving the mock-up, looks nice and simple Big Grin
mikebeecham - you should try and make this into a skin...

If I wasn't busy doing my x-cite skin I wud love to give you a hand
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Mike,
That looks great.

dfmos,
I thought you were looking for someone to work on the icons and such with you... Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Nice work there mike, certainly hope to see some of it in up coming skins. I might even lend my hand to it some day when I get more time, loving XBMC as well!!!!

http://distilleddesign.deviantart.com/
...in fact...

If you want a hand to create the mockup you have there I would be keen to help out, been meaning to learn skinning for the XBMC previously done skinning for Winamp and was even invited to Redmond to help with skns for MediaPlayer for WinXP back in the day.
hey mike, nice artwork on your page.
i don't have much time to finish anything, my Verve skin suffered from that.
But I do get time from time to time, and I can code screens pretty quick.
But I should only try to help on a 1 screen at a time basis.
All that said, if you have a link to acers media player, and you create the graphic elements, and show me a mock-up of the screen you want, I can re-create just about anything. My Verve skin was started by a request from someone to emulate another media center, and I made the video menu in about 30 minutes and used a bug in the graphic engine to create reflections (it was the first skin to have reflections), so if you really want to recreate the acer media center I'll help when I can. I have no artistic talent what so ever, but I can emulate and figure anything out given enough time.
Wink 
Wow, Finally a skin I think I would like! I'm pretty picky about skins, theres some real nice ones out there, but nothing that completly grabs my attention... but that mockup you made, absolutly love the layout Smile

I sure hope you continue work with this skin and you get the help you need, I'd love to see this on the TV Mike, great skills you have friend!
dude...thanks for that mate.

At the moment it's definately nothing more than a mock-up. I would need to learn how to skins, which is a difficulty I think...certainly something that would take a while to grasp.

Who knows though, eh?
Mike,

I think what theese people are suggesting is that you do the art and they do the technical bits, coding and such, you'd just supply pictures as you see fit and they tell you what size....etc it needs to be, a team effort if you will.

Meaning you wouldn't have to learn any new skills as such, just work your magic.

But wow the mock up is lurvely, if you take the offer to join team XBMC then i really do think you can add to the project.

Shorty
Hi Shorty,

Thanks so much for the input mate. I'm not sure the offer was actually a genuine offer, but it would be so much of a priveledge to offer whatever design help I could.

It would be great to have a working version of the mockup...I'm not sure how easy it would be to code, but I reckon it would be fun!
It sure was a genuine offer mike, but currently I'm not aware of any graphics we might be in need of, SMokehead &/ Jezz_X knows better.

I'm still trying to reach them to see what we could "use you for", hehe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could anyone do with a digital-artist?2