Channel remapping
Due to the nature of my room, I have a TV in one location, and a projector that projects to the opposite end of the room.

I would like to see the ability to remap audio channels (e.g. front left to rear right output) before passing onto the amp, to suit the room layout when using the projector, without having to move speakers around the room.

Something akin to the Audio > Filters > Audio channel remapper in VLC.

Would anyone be able to create this plugin? Sounds fairly basic.
(2016-04-05, 09:47)closch Wrote: Due to the nature of my room, I have a TV in one location, and a projector that projects to the opposite end of the room.

I would like to see the ability to remap audio channels (e.g. front left to rear right output) before passing onto the amp, to suit the room layout when using the projector, without having to move speakers around the room.

Something akin to the Audio > Filters > Audio channel remapper in VLC.

Would anyone be able to create this plugin? Sounds fairly basic.

I agree this will be a very handy feature. Are you just looking to swap channels or do you want to mix them. (e.g. add 50% surround back to surround).
Hi guys,

I'm actually using Kodi DSPlayer in order to use the DirectShow AC3 Filter to remap the audio according to my 4.0 speaker setup (the example below downmix 5.1 to 4.0). Besides the Auto Matrix, the user can of course also manually set-up the remapping according to its needs.

Another alternative is to install Equalizer APO, a very powerful tool that directly acts on the windows audio devices. Between the several functions, it provides also a Copy option to manually configure the remapping of the channels (like the one that AC3 Filter makes automatically).

Having said that, it would be fantastic to have such remapping function inside Audio DSP so that you can use Kodi out-of-the-box without any "external" support (DirectShow Filters or Equalizer APO).

Hope this will be realized!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
@ leonpierresusan For myself I'd just like to swap channels at this point - however I can imagine there being benefit to controlling levels (e.g. when dialogue is too quiet, giving front centre channel a boost)

@ axlt2002 Ah, those options both looks promising - I presume it'll work on other codecs (DTS, AAC, MP3 etc.),

Either way, as you say, it'd be great to have this inbuilt to the Kodi UI for that seamless experience, as well as those less willing to tinker. I also imagine an AudioDSP plugin would be cross platform, aiding those in this situation who are not on Windows.
(2016-04-06, 10:58)closch Wrote: @ axlt2002 Ah, those options both looks promising - I presume it'll work on other codecs (DTS, AAC, MP3 etc.),

Yup, they both work on any audio stream! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread! I am kind of facing the same problem -
I want audio to get downmixed to to 5.1 and then change channel assignments like this
Left Front to Right Surround
Right Surround to Left Front
Right Front to Left Surround
Left Surround to Right Front
Center to Left and Right (Basically, not use center channel)

I tried both above suggested solutions but they didn't work for me (Channel mapping never changed). Can anyone please advise me here?
Adding to above post -
My homeoffice and media den is same. Computer faces wall opposite to TV. Hence the need for channel mapping I mentioned in post above.
Computer is connected with Denon AVR via optical cable.
Here is the AC3Filter settings that didn't take -

Just wanted to conclude my posts by stating that I was able to do channel remapping using a different media player. Thanks for reading through!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel remapping0