Req Set fixed subtitle position for all refresh rates in same resolution.
As discussed in this thread, it turns out that when you have Kodi set to sync the refresh rate on start/stop to match video framerate, the fixed subtitle position will be different from the position you set it to during calibration, if you happen to have the default refresh rate other than the video turns out to have.

So, situation is like this:

- default resolution is 1920*1080 @ 59.94 Hz (for optimal menu response speed)
- in video calibration I have my subtitles set to, for example, position 750
- framerate in settings is set to sync with video framerate on start/stop
- video file is 1080p @ 23.967 Hz
- video is showing fullscreen and subtitle position is something like 1040 (completely on the bottom of the screen in my case) and not the 750 I would expect it to be.
- in order to set the subtitles at my desired 1080p position, I have to manually set it in all the different framerates 23.967, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 (as potentially video files can have either one of these framerates)

Is there a situation where you might need different positions for different framerates in the same resolution? Otherwise I would suggest to have Kodi set the position you choose in a specific resolution for all framerates to avoid this frustration.

I might be missing the point, but this doesn't seem logical or user friendly to me.
I agree with this and would love to see this suggestion implemented.

It's always annoyed me that I have to set the subtitle position for each separate refresh rate in the same resolution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set fixed subtitle position for all refresh rates in same resolution.0