What does it mean "removed boolean condition - Player.ShowCodec"?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2273270

Will this mean no more codec info displayable during playback? If that is the case, what was the reasoning behind this? I've seen devs have discussed about this and there are those who asked for reinstating it... I'm just not sure to understand the implications correctly for Krypton.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Should I have posted this elsewhere?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I asked here: Threads merged, original one is above - DarrenHill but realized that probably it wasn't the right place to get an answer.
debug screen is not anything skin related anymore
Yes, your second thread in the Kodi development section was more appropriate.

I'll merge this one with that one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Will this mean not being able to see what codec is being used when pressing O? What's the gain from that? Is it because the info is readable in logs? It's kinda less immediate, though, if that was the case. I don't want to sound obnoxious, it's just that I'm always puzzled when functionality is taken away. But again, I might be mistaken.

Thanks for answering and thanks Darren for the help (if you want you can delete the redundant messages, I tried but I can't).
Pressing o still shows the info, it just doesn't need to be skinned anymore.
Great. Then I totally understand. Thanks to everybody for the answers.
(2016-04-05, 18:52)braz Wrote: Pressing o still shows the info, it just doesn't need to be skinned anymore.

No, it doesn't show codec name, resolution, number of channels, sample rate, cpu etc any more.
Milhouse and afedchin builds are currently adding this, with out of tree patches, but official builds won't have this information any more.
Player.ShowCodec was mainly used by skins to display codec info during music playback.
that's not possible anymore since the boolean is gone.

'o', which is mapped to the 'showcodec' built-in function, still displays debug info during video playback.
this is handled by kodi itself, not the skin. but as popcornmix said, it's not the exact same info as before.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
But what's the reason to hide this info? I know of no other media player that hides codec info from users. What's the point and reasoning behind this decision?
If I play back music there might be good reasons to check on sample rate, bit resolution, number of channels.
(2016-04-05, 20:48)ronie Wrote: Player.ShowCodec was mainly used by skins to display codec info during music playback.
that's not possible anymore since the boolean is gone.

'o', which is mapped to the 'showcodec' built-in function, still displays debug info during video playback.
this is handled by kodi itself, not the skin. but as popcornmix said, it's not the exact same info as before.

I was also using to show additional PVR status info when showcodec was active on live tv fullscreen. I haven't yet figured out a good way of doing it now that the boolean is gone.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What does it mean "removed boolean condition - Player.ShowCodec"?0