MP4 Recordings in Kodi 15.2
Sorry, not really. I've been out of the country the last couple of the weeks, so haven't really been in a position to investigate.
OK. Sounds good. I'll check back later. Thanks.
Hey sub, just wanted to check to see if you had a chance to look at this? Thanks.
It may be something to do with the mime type, since NextPVR was always specifying the mime type was "video/MP2T" (aka transport stream). It was doing this since this is the only recording type that NextPVR makes.

I added logic for the next release to specify a mime type "video/mp4" if the recording it's trying to stream has a .mp4 file extension. Hopefully this will help.

Personally, I'd just leave my recordings as .ts files.
Thanks sub, I appreciate the help.

When you say "next release" what does that mean? When will this update happen? Will I not be able to see this update until Kodi 17?

On a side note, I'm not converting any of my recordings from NPVR. I'm using PlayOn which records in the mp4 format. I do this as there are certain nights where I have three shows that I'd like to watch, but I only have two tuners (or if computer I use to record things is down and doesn't record a show). I can use PlayOn to record those shows and then import them into NPVR. I also record/import some of the stuff that I get through Amazon Prime and Netflix through PlayOn.

The only missing element I haven't gotten yet is automating this import process. I use NPVR VidImport Utility but the command line import option used to import the xml file that is generated isn't working for me.
(2016-05-01, 18:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote: When you say "next release" what does that mean? When will this update happen? Will I not be able to see this update until Kodi 17?
I mean the next release of NextPVR. At this stage it's probably a few weeks away.

Quote:On a side note, I'm not converting any of my recordings from NPVR. I'm using PlayOn which records in the mp4 format.
You could always remux them to .ts before importing them.
OK. Thanks again.

Quote:I mean the next release of NextPVR. At this stage it's probably a few weeks away.

Awesome. Looking forward to it.
Hey Sub, hope everything is going well.

Any update on a timeframe for the next release of NPVR?
Intending to do the next release this weekend.
Great! Looking forward to it.
Hi Sub,

I'm doing some investigatory work with a legacy PCI TV tuner card and have development/debugging experience. Do you need beta testers?
NPVR 3.7.7 fixed my issue. Thanks Sub!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 Recordings in Kodi 15.20