Flurry OpenGL Screensaver
Question 
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not...it seemed right because it's a possible script development.

How possible is it to add new screensavers into XBMC? I really like Apple's Flurry screensaver, and would like to put this onto my xbox.

is this possible?
mikebeecham Wrote:is this possible?
no, at least not without having acess to the full source code and the skill to port that code to XBMC yourself.
You see XBMC does not use anyone else screensaver 'standard', we have our own API (see the manual/code).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ahhh ok...that would make more sense. I dont have the mentioned skillset unfortunately, so will have to make do with what we have.

However, this is also a shout-out to anyone that would like to have a crack at it. Here is a link to the screensaver. If you look at the top right-hand corner, there is also a link to the source-code of the screensaver.

Here's hoping!!!!

http://www.maddogsw.com/flurry/
OpenGL so without porting to DirectX it could only be available on XBMC for Linux (so not for the Xbox, as the Xbox do not support OpenGL)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
lol...I notice my post subject keeps changing!!!

All I was thinking was how nice it would be to have the Flurry screensaver, working in conjunction with the xTV skin...make a more 'rounded' feeling I guess!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flurry OpenGL Screensaver0