Req Home Video Library(similar to Music Videos Library)
With everyone and their brother able to take lot's of home videos these days with cell phones and such. Why does Kodi not have a separate home video library option? Something Similar to Music videos would be nice.
Video nodes (wiki)

What I would love to see is a new node added by default called something like "Personal videos" or "Home videos" or maybe even just "unmatched videos". Then have a scraper available in the add-on repo that does the same thing that the old just-use-the-file-name scraper does, and also populates that node. This node would also be excluded from the normal nodes, so it would function as a separate library. The end result, if you have a folder of home movies, you scan it in with the "home movies" scraper and it only populates the "home movies" node.

I don't know how to do the scraper part, though. My python skills are non-existant.
(2016-04-07, 05:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Video nodes (wiki)

What I would love to see is a new node added by default called something like "Personal videos" or "Home videos" or maybe even just "unmatched videos". Then have a scraper available in the add-on repo that does the same thing that the old just-use-the-file-name scraper does, and also populates that node. This node would also be excluded from the normal nodes, so it would function as a separate library. The end result, if you have a folder of home movies, you scan it in with the "home movies" scraper and it only populates the "home movies" node.

I don't know how to do the scraper part, though. My python skills are non-existant.

You seem to be a bit more versed than I, it would definitely be nice to have something that could allow users to have a separate area for home videos.
That would be nice.
On mine I have regular movies under the 'Movie' section on the home screen, and for my home movies I just go to 'Videos' and then click the files button underneath and it brings up my different video folders....One is named 'music videos' and the other 'home videos'.
I just choose the one I want.
This keeps them separate from my Movies and TV shows.
Deleted
Any news about this request?
I second that.

Obviously the aim is to have everything set in an "easy-to-use" way for all the family members who may find tedious to rember to browse the VIDEO hierarchy in order to find a family/home video playlist.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-11-13, 11:57)MarsArtis Wrote: Any news about this request?
I second that.

Obviously the aim is to have everything set in an "easy-to-use" way for all the family members who may find tedious to rember to browse the VIDEO hierarchy in order to find a family/home video playlist.

Use a skin that lets you set custom items, add your home videos location as a favourite or through video nodes.
I have a button on my home screen that says 'Home Videos' - goes straight to them.
@MrsAngelD

u can use the "Pictures" area to Browse (and Watch) ur HomeVideo Folders.

three is also an Addon Called "MyPictsDB" which brings DB support to the "Pictures" area. "GareBare" once startet to bring Nativ BD support to the Pictures Section, but dropt it in favor of "Retroplayer".
(2016-11-13, 13:05)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 11:57)MarsArtis Wrote: Any news about this request?
I second that.

Use a skin that lets you set custom items, add your home videos location as a favourite or through video nodes.
I have a button on my home screen that says 'Home Videos' - goes straight to them.

But what if I had my media spanned across multiple location discs? To me it seems like that Smart Playlist won't accept sources not belonging to movies/tv shows cathegories, am I doing it wrong?
(2016-11-13, 19:46)MarsArtis Wrote: But what if I had my media spanned across multiple location discs? To me it seems like that Smart Playlist won't accept sources not belonging to movies/tv shows cathegories, am I doing it wrong?
No, you're right. Smart Playlists only work for library items.
Tbh the only way I can be bothered with is to lump home videos together in one source, access via video nodes and use a file view.
But if I was more bothered / motivated I'd generate some .nfo files and screenshots manually (including a custom tag, set and / or genre), then scan them to the library as movies (or even as music videos if I wasn't using that category) using the local scraper. At that point smart playlists are an option - you can include notes on the .nfo's to show up in kodi, link all your paths together etc.
It would probably take a while to complete, but it's all doable with what we have. That's not me saying a new scraper / category isn't a good idea, although I don't really see how it's going to scrape unique files effectively.
This thread is really old, but how about this feature? Now we have 2020 and I am still looking for this. Does anybody have suggestion how I can manage my private videos and photos just like Plex or Emby?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Video Library(similar to Music Videos Library)0