Missing "artist" in recently added albums view
Now all it shows is the album, and date. No artist. I haven't changed anything. Normal confluence skin. Unless I know all 3000 albums by heart it does me no good to not have the artist listed. The date is meaningless. How can I get the artist back?
this was working fine in version 15, and it's an issue for Windows too, except in Windows there is no date, just the album title. No one else cares to see the artist under recently added or played albums?
ok so this is just a feature of Kodi now? Can I go back to an older version? Seeing albums title with a date an no artist sucks
Moved to music support.
Might try v17 which improved a lot
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-11-08, 20:16)RUinOhio Wrote: Seeing albums title with a date and no artist sucks
You might think that, I can't possibly comment.

Others decided that it made most sense for the information displayed to vary with the sort order. When sorting albums by date only title and date are shown. For obvious reasons Recently Added Albums node uses a date order, hence only date and title show not artist.

My idea was that the users should get to choose what is displayed, frankly we all find different things useful, but that was considered too complicated by the UI experts (they know that users don't like too much choice). I think the idea is that a big enough album cover will show you the artist and anything else you might need to know, so maybe try a "wall" view in Estuary or "Thumbnail" in Confluence.

Quote:ok so this is just a feature of Kodi now?
No this is just a feature of the Kodi default skin. The infomation is available but it is up to the skin to display it, so maybe you just need to find someone willing to make a skin do what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing "artist" in recently added albums view0