Newby: How do I set the skin to 16:9?
I have been searching for over an hour now....and cant seem to find it...

How do i set a skin to 16:9?
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
in the GUI settings => Appearance => Screen => Resolution, (you must also have it set under settings => Videos => Player => Resolution), ...note however that not all skins support 16:9 (the skinner who made the skin must have added support for it, the PM3 skin is a skin that do have 16:9 support).
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...e_Settings
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...s_Settings

PS! What exact revision/version of XBMC are you using, in older revisions/versions of XBMC widesceen must first be enabled in MS dash
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ix_this.3F
Quote:[edit] I can't seem to be able to select Widescreen/HDTV modes. How can I fix this?
You must enable Widescreen/HDTV Modes in the Microsoft original Xbox Dashboard. Once this is done, the options will appear in XBMC.
Note: For HDTV modes you need two things. The Xbox must be in NTSC mode and you also need a suitable AV cable. So if you have a PAL Xbox you need first to convert it to NTSC, you can do this with softwares like "Enigmah Video Selector"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:in the GUI settings => Appearance => Screen => Resolution, (you must also have it set under settings => Videos => Player => Resolution), ...note however that not all skins support 16:9 (the skinner who made the skin must have added support for it, the PM3 skin is a skin that do have 16:9 support).
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...e_Settings
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...s_Settings

PS! What exact revision/version of XBMC are you using, in older revisions/versions of XBMC widesceen must first be enabled in MS dash
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ix_this.3F

Thanks man!

I am almost always using the newest T3CH release of XBMC. So I guess I dont need to change it in de MS Dash

I'll go and check it out. cheers.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
jochenz Wrote:Thanks man!

I am almost always using the newest T3CH release of XBMC. So I guess I dont need to change it in de MS Dash

I'll go and check it out. cheers.

I changed the MS Dash to Widescreen.
Then changed the XBMC to 16:9 in both places you mention. But nothing happens.

I am using the newest build from T3CH 6-4-07 PMIII skin.

please advise

post a debug log (see the manual for how to create on and where and how to upload/link it)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I am using PMIII skin and I tried to change the screen resolution from "Automatic" to "PAL 16:9".

Nothing happens.

I made sure I enabled the "widescreen" in de MS Dash.

Still nothing happens. Skin is still being displayed in PAL 4:3.

Started discussion here

This is my second bug-report. Please help and let me know if this is alright?

Primary dashboard: XBMC T3CH 2007-06-04 SVN rev:9200
XBOX 1.6
Modchip: X3 CE
Bios: v 3294

Bug report:
bugreport

Screendump, setting is 16:9, but screen stays 4:3

I filled in a bugreport
istis right here

What makes you think it's not 16x9?

It is clearly running in 16x9 (and loading the skin 16x9 files) from the logs.

The screenshot is screenshotting what is being sent to the TV (ie the pixels, rather than the actual frame size).

Easy way to test is to look at the images on the home page, or at thumbs, which are set to keep their aspect ratio.

jmarshall Wrote:What makes you think it's not 16x9?

It is clearly running in 16x9 (and loading the skin 16x9 files) from the logs.

The screenshot is screenshotting what is being sent to the TV (ie the pixels, rather than the actual frame size).

Easy way to test is to look at the images on the home page, or at thumbs, which are set to keep their aspect ratio.

Well, when I change to PAL 4:3, then my television and XBOX, clearly turn OFF and then ON, changing to the correct display.

When I then change to 16:9, nothing (seems) happens on TV nor the XBOX.

The whole screen stays exactly the same as in 4:3 mode.

When I then change my TV to 16:9 setting, the whole screen is stretched from 4:3 to 16:9. I would expect that in 16:9 mode on my TV and the XBMC set to 16:9, everything should show alright. But it doesn't.

I am using the following cable with my XBOX:
Real RGB & D-Audio Cable

Go to the Settings window (just press BACK after you change res) - note the aspect ratio of the buttons there is different.

16x9 and 4x3 use the same number of pixels - all that is different is that the pixel aspect ratio is different (ie they're more rectangular in 16x9 mode than in 4x3 mode).

If your TV doesn't handle auto-switching (many don't) then you'll have to manually switch the TV to a 16x9 mode.

I presume you have a 16x9 screen? How about a photo from the settings window (where it shows all the "groups" of settings (video, music, programs etc.) in 16x9 from your TV?

jmarshall Wrote:Go to the Settings window (just press BACK after you change res) - note the aspect ratio of the buttons there is different.

16x9 and 4x3 use the same number of pixels - all that is different is that the pixel aspect ratio is different (ie they're more rectangular in 16x9 mode than in 4x3 mode).

If your TV doesn't handle auto-switching (many don't) then you'll have to manually switch the TV to a 16x9 mode.

I presume you have a 16x9 screen? How about a photo from the settings window (where it shows all the "groups" of settings (video, music, programs etc.) in 16x9 from your TV?

OK, I understand what you are saying. But that does not explain why XBMC is displayed as "stretched" when both my TV and XBMC are in 16:6 mode.

I'll sent you pictures of the TV 2nite...thanks for the swift replies so far! Hope we can solve this.

What you can see is that a lot of the picture goes offscreen in 16.9 on XBMC, with both 1.9 and WS on the TV.

What is going wrong?

TV 16.9 - XBMC 16.9

TV 16.6 - XBMC 4.3

TV 4.3 - XBMC 16.9

TV 4.3 - XBMC 4.3

TV WideScreen - XBMC 4.3

TV WideScreen - XBMC 16.9

Have you calibrated? http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...alibration
Quote:You must calibrate XBMC separately for each resolution that you use.
Gamester17 Wrote:Have you calibrated? http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...alibration

I DID calibrate for 4:3, but not for 16:9.

Sorry. I will do so.

thanks a lot for everything and the quick and clear replies and patience.

XBMC Rockzzz.........

jochenz Wrote:I DID calibrate for 4:3, but not for 16:9.

Sorry. I will do so.

thanks a lot for everything and the quick and clear replies and patience.

XBMC Rockzzz.........

OK, finally found some time to calibrate my XBMC to 16:9. But now the letters seem to be bigger then the buttons.

I also expected that in Library mode, in the video section, PMIII would show 4 movies next to each other. In stead of only three.

What is the big advantage of 16:9 then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newby: How do I set the skin to 16:9?0