Java XStream server
I am currently working on a java implementation of XStream (XBMSP / XBSDP) as I had loads of problems with ccxGui.

The server works lagfree for video playback here on my home network (100 mbit wired, 3 switches between me and the xbox, amd athlon xp 3000 / 1GB DDR host pc).
It includes a discovery server to use for auto-detecting, and it has a user-friendly gui.

It only requires a version 1.6 JRE, which can be bundeled.

I am currently still working on the gui and the authentication and configuration part of xbmsp. Also the code needs some cleanup and documentation.

I will make this available including source code if there is anyone intrested, else I will tune it only for my personal needs.

Please leave a reply in this topic if you are intrested!
The project is nearly completed, I only need to do the authentication part ...

If there is anyone who can make an icon (tray, window, shortcut, ...) ?
GloX Wrote:The project is nearly completed, I only need to do the authentication part ...

If there is anyone who can make an icon (tray, window, shortcut, ...) ?

That great GloX! Would you post the source so I can try it out.

Thanks.
I will, soon Smile
Just out of interest (as I'm developing something similar) did you work around the fact that a string data type in XBMSP can hold more bytes than Integer.MAX_VALUE (although this would give a string that was >2GB in size) or did you assume you would never need to handle a string that long; even though the protocol allows it?
Well, in the current implementation I just ignored the fact that the length field is unsigned. But the way to workaround this is to read out the int as bytes and then store it in a long, using some binary math.

I'm using my implementation of the stream server here at home, and I haven't run into any problems with it. Browsing is ALOT faster then using smb shares, and I haven't experienced any stutter during playback.

The only reason I haven't released it yet is because it needs some work to make it more user friendly and easy to install.
sounds sexy!
Catchy Signature Here
Here is the DEBUG version with the full source code!

- No configuration (configuring shares requires a recompile)
- No GUI
- No installer / runner / shortcuts, just a .bat (windows) and .sh (*nix)
- DEBUG output

http://users.telenet.be/glox/javaxstream...-DEBUG.zip

If you decide to test this program, please leave your test results in this thread. (including OS version, Java JRE version and system specs).
For people that want to edit the predefined shares. They are in src/org/eu/sdekock/javaxstream/JavaXStream.java. You will have to recompile the code yourself afterwards. The easyest way to do that would be to install IntellIJ IDEA and open the included project file and just press the run button.

If you want to run it with the .bat or .sh files, the java executable should be in your PATH.

A more complex version, including GUI, installer, .exe runner and redistributed JRE will be done around the end of next week. So for people who don't get all this stuff, just wait until then.
Hi,
I just tried your server and it seems to work great.
Right now Im streaming my movies (which I usually stream using a samba share) and it seems to have no hicks, drop frames etc.
I didnt even have to set it up into sources.xml (if it ever should go there...not sure) cause Auto discovery worked great.

Will test it better... but so far it works great.
Congratulation.

P.s.: Tried on a Pentium 4 3ghz Server with 0923 TECH xbmc release.

Bye and thanks.
Pino.
Sorry for double post but didnt find the edit option (is there one?).

Just found a small anomaly (maybe my fault.. not sure)

I have C and F as valid Drives.
Instead the soft finds (or maybe has set as dafault) C and D.
Now, if I select D or I tryy to go upper until I go out the auto discovery link (until I reach the root) , It says the following:

DEBUG: XBMSP_PACKET_SETCWD
DEBUG: NO_SUCH_FILE: No such directory
DEBUG: XBMSP_PACKET_ERROR
INFO: Client disconnected
INFO: Client connected from /192.168.0.30:1044
INFO: Client version: XBMSP-1.0 CcXstream Client Library 1.0.14 for XBox
DEBUG: XBMSP_PACKET_OK
DEBUG: NO_SUCH_FILE: No such directory
DEBUG: XBMSP_PACKET_ERROR
INFO: Client disconnected

Then I try to go back to a valid drive but it starts acting slowly and dosnt play any file anymore.

Hope it's useful.

Pino.
I couldn't get yours to work but I found this one. jxbstreamer. Seems to work good.

Do you have an updated version?
I have been using a more cleaner version for the last couple of months.
The biggest problem is that at the moment it can't start as a windows serving, requiring someone to log in to the server pc and start it, leaving their session open.

I'm rewriting it from the ground up in C# as a windows service, with a configuration and monitoring UI. I will post the installable version and full source code online soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Java XStream server0