Jump from music track to album in party mode
Lightbulb 
Hello,
I usually listen to my music on random in Library/party mode. I would love to be able to jump from a track that I'm enjoying to play the entire album. If this is possible it would be better for me if it were to jump to file container rather than tagging from the DB. My file structure (Artist-Album-Track) is in better shape than my tagging Big Grin

This would of course only be the icing on the cake!
Thanks, Peter
Would be really nice if this was possible.. i do the same thing when i cant make my mind up..

Maybe instead of go to root it could go to that artists folder..

S
i agree, I've wanted this feature even when I first got an iPod, I would use this tons. I always jump to party mode when I dont' know what i want to listen to, and when something comes along i think i'm in the mood for, i just exit out and find the album or artist and play it. Perhap linking to the artist would make more sense than album, though, so you can choose to play all their songs or just that particular album
Or jump to the artist list with the playing album already highlighted.

Nice idea, would add yet more polish to the shiniest app around.

Shorty
bump.. anyone have any ideas on how difficult this would be to do?
Doesn't seem like it would be too hard....Space certainly isn't an issue, as there are only like 2 things in the context menu when in the now playing screen, move up and move down...But then, I don't know how to code anything more complicated than xml
Any more ideas on this one folks? I have put in a formal request through SourceForge and any further refinement I can put on the request would help.
I'd hope if this was to make it into XBMC at some point, it'd be useable from the music library, file view, and now playing view.
Personally i only occasionaly use the now playing 'window'

A slightly different approach to the same idea but perhaps an option to display a search result based on the artist would be cool, something like this.

If i'm Listening to metallica...
Pressing white button gives the options...

1 - Search for other music by 'Metallica'
2 - Search for videos by 'Metallica'

Option 1 would bring up all metallica related music (Albums, live, collaborations....etc)

Option 2 would bring up videos (DVD's listed on IMDB, or any videos if you'd invest the time to manually edit the DB)

I don't know if it would possible to list both results in one option, because of the separated databases?

Does amybody think that would be usefull?

Shorty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jump from music track to album in party mode0