FIRESTARTER FIX
I HAVE THE FIX FOR FIRESTARTER (Y)
Thread moved to Android.

Please give more details if they will help others.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-04-07, 11:37)jbirtles Wrote: I HAVE THE FIX FOR FIRESTARTER (Y)

Great do we have to guess or are you going to tell us at one point.
Anyway you do not need firestarter anymore as an icon is now on the homepage
(2016-04-07, 13:26)madmax666 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 11:37)jbirtles Wrote: I HAVE THE FIX FOR FIRESTARTER (Y)

Great do we have to guess or are you going to tell us at one point.
Anyway you do not need firestarter anymore as an icon is now on the homepage
Agreed, fix is not needed. Works great with Kodi icon now displaying. And if you double click, you get a list with the Kodi icon and others to choose from. So just one extra click.

Idok Fire
Fix is needed for some, my remote control app upon selecting SPMC would double select home and switch to SPMC via firestarter. Now I have to re engineer the remote to have buttons from the firetv to be able to select and open SPMC from the apps list.
(2016-04-07, 14:48)Calzor Suzay Wrote: Fix is needed for some, my remote control app upon selecting SPMC would double select home and switch to SPMC via firestarter. Now I have to re engineer the remote to have buttons from the firetv to be able to select and open SPMC from the apps list.
Wait, are you saying that you cannot see SPMC in the recently used apps list? Should be right there's as well as if you double click on your remote. Should be in the list.

Idok Fire
Sorry guys I had to leave for work as I posted this thread up. Yes the new fix works they have simply renamed firestarter to tvlauncher to bypass the Amazon update automatically uninstalling the app. This is a provisional fix as they are still unsure if this will solve the problem from happening again with future updates. The new apk file is available from the link below. Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6ubw2h4knrr5z...9.apk?dl=0
(2016-04-07, 20:39)Idokfire Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 14:48)Calzor Suzay Wrote: Fix is needed for some, my remote control app upon selecting SPMC would double select home and switch to SPMC via firestarter. Now I have to re engineer the remote to have buttons from the firetv to be able to select and open SPMC from the apps list.
Wait, are you saying that you cannot see SPMC in the recently used apps list? Should be right there's as well as if you double click on your remote. Should be in the list.

Idok Fire

No I can see SPMC fine, the double home to switch to SPMC is dead now so I can't use this as a shortcut to switch to SPMC.
The is an alternative app called FireStopper. It is a clone that supposedly is working. But I think I read that the double click does not. Go check aftvnews for more info.

Idok Fire
(2016-04-07, 23:22)jbirtles Wrote: Sorry guys I had to leave for work as I posted this thread up. Yes the new fix works they have simply renamed firestarter to tvlauncher to bypass the Amazon update automatically uninstalling the app. This is a provisional fix as they are still unsure if this will solve the problem from happening again with future updates. The new apk file is available from the link below. Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6ubw2h4knrr5z...9.apk?dl=0

great to know but double click the home button on the latest firmware brings up the icon for kodi in the my apps section or whatever its called
(2016-04-07, 13:40)Idokfire Wrote: Agreed, fix is not needed. Works great with Kodi icon now displaying. And if you double click, you get a list with the Kodi icon and others to choose from. So just one extra click.

Idok Fire

I am still seeing it under recent but I do not see it with the double click. Is it because I installed the old way more than a year ago.

I am happy that the Kodi icon is back on Recent on my sticks. I hadn't noticed because I seldom used them and Kodi vanished on both of them. I guess the Recent had an expiration because Kodi never left my 2 FTVs that I use all the time.

Also, I have a FTV that is failing on me pretty much everyday now. The wiki still points to firestarter which I have never used. If I replace the box that is failing is that still the new preferred method?
(2016-04-19, 23:14)BeesKnees Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 13:40)Idokfire Wrote: Agreed, fix is not needed. Works great with Kodi icon now displaying. And if you double click, you get a list with the Kodi icon and others to choose from. So just one extra click.

Idok Fire

I am still seeing it under recent but I do not see it with the double click. Is it because I installed the old way more than a year ago.

I am happy that the Kodi icon is back on Recent on my sticks. I hadn't noticed because I seldom used them and Kodi vanished on both of them. I guess the Recent had an expiration because Kodi never left my 2 FTVs that I use all the time.

Also, I have a FTV that is failing on me pretty much everyday now. The wiki still points to firestarter which I have never used. If I replace the box that is failing is that still the new preferred method?

If you double click home button you get to the page "your apps library" which has the kodi icon right in front of you
well you do on latest firmware 5.0.5.1
amazon blocked firestarter as it wanted users to visit their home page
If you replace the box you do not need firestarter any more and it does not work anyway...
I am on the latest firmware confirmed at 5.0.5.1 and all I see under the "your apps library" is Netflix, a webcam app, and Pandora. It is this way on 3 out of the 4 I checked.

So if I am not using firestarter do I just use the method in described above with some other app download or stick with abfire which is what I used during the first round of installs? I don't really care but if my original method is what is keeping it from the double click screen I would like to fix it.
It should still be installed. Go to settings, apps, manage install apps (something like this) and look for Kodi. Click on it and then in the menu list click open. When you go back to Amazon you should note see it. At least that is how it worked for me. You can also go check out the aftvnews web site. They have good info for all things aftv related.

Idok Fire
The app is installed and it shows up under manage apps it just does not show up on the "your apps" after the double click. It still shows in recent.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FIRESTARTER FIX1