Skin request: Elisa (the Fluendo mediacenter) replica/clone
Hmmm, interesting video over at http://elisa.fluendo.com/screenshots/

Looks to me like it could be done by taking little snippets from other skins and putting them together, For example their "home screen" looks a similar to one of the mods for Xtv (Think it was released as Xtv2, not sure), But a lot of actual menus seem to be:

Sources: List with Icons
Items: Wrap view,

If people are seriously considering cloning this, Id be interested in joining (my last 5 job interviews came back negative so I have loads of spare time atm XD), although I should state that for some reason XBMC-Win32 doesnt work for me but have happily been FTP'ing to a 4:3 Pal Xbox for testing recently.
Plus it means I can stop trying to implement Library features for programs!
NickyZero - Currently making LCARS for XBMC
All info can be found here and here

I am well aware that my grammer is poor, instead of flaming about it, help me with it... "Help me, to help you!"
To me, this all seems very similar to (but worse than) the skin that the CenterStage guys are making for Plex: http://centerstageproject.com/the-future.php
chrislee149 Wrote:To me, this all seems very similar to (but worse than) the skin that the CenterStage guys are making for Plex: http://centerstageproject.com/the-future.php

I see what you mean, maybe they had the same idea?

random question, but if Plex is essentially just Mac builds of XBMC, would skins be cross compatable?

I am well aware that my grammer is poor, instead of flaming about it, help me with it... "Help me, to help you!"
From what I've read XBMC skins will work on Plex. I'm not sure if the Plex skin they are developing will be (fully) compatible with XBMC.
Jeroen Wrote:From what I've read XBMC skins will work on Plex. I'm not sure if the Plex skin they are developing will be (fully) compatible with XBMC.
Today they are, and in the future I am sure they still will be with very minor modifications but all that is off-topic for this dicussion, feel free start a new topic thread to discuss that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry! that would be my fault!

But anyways, yeah if people are looking to make this, ill be happy to help in anyway i can!

Why would you reproduce that crap? It looks like a bad ripo of the CenterStage interface design. I am more excited to see what those guys do than watch someone rip off their idea and do it badly.

The video and stuff on their Elisa site is wrong cause when I used it it did not look like that video. I try it out it was awful with wrong artwork and buggy with crashes. Delete it immediately. It is a mess and each release is worse. Maybe if it had nice design with thought it might be better. I think Elisa has company paying for developers to make it!

I love my Unbuntu and would not like that to be the media center for it. Best media center for Linux apart from you guys is Entertainer project. Nice layout and developer knows what he is doing. Please spend time to make XBMC better and not on an Elisa skin.

Thanks
(sorry for my English).
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your contribution.

Given that people like different interfaces, we don't discourage anyone that wishes to skin XBMC to look however they want it to look, indeed - we encourage all such diversity.

Whether or not the Elisa skin is a rip-off of some other skin is a separate issue. Most media center interfaces have similarities due to the fact that they're all doing similar things.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Entertainer Project

Would make a good XBMC skin....Smile

Thanks Mr. Linus!

Maybe somebody could request this as a skin?If it don't show up in the forums after a couple days I will.
Ok I couldn't wait,I started a new thread.
Also CenterStage is getting help from The Plex group to do their application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin request: Elisa (the Fluendo mediacenter) replica/clone0