Ned's amazing bedroom setup!
This isn't the whole setup, but I wanted to show off the new addition I finished today. I could only afford a small TV (24 inches) in my bedroom, which works just fine, but it needs to be fairly close to the bed to be at a good viewing distance. This is also the TV I use to test various Kodi/HDMI/whatever-related things, and I often need to pull it over to my desk or some other area. The TV used to sit on small folding table, but it was bulky and didn't roll.

A heavy-duty chair base, a microphone stand, an old VESA bracket, and 30 minutes later...

The main box (when I'm not testing something) will either be the Nexus Player or a small Celeron mini PC, gracefully duct taped to the back of the TV (unless I figure out something better). Wifi in my house is good enough for high bitrate 1080 movies, so the only cord on it will be a single long power cord, powering both the box and the TV. I'll post more pictures as I go.

With this done, I can now watch MacGyver in style!
Nice work, kinda reminds me of the big bang theory minus the GL shirt
(2016-04-10, 03:37)Ned Scott Wrote: gracefully duct taped to the back of the TV (unless I figure out something better).

Best thread in this subforum!

Sent from my U65GT
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you were to buy one they are NOT cheap
http://www.ebuyer.com/634965-xenta-delux...-epbsfy211
anyway wonder how many came to this thread seeing the title thinking there was something else on offer lol
For semi-permanent mounting without the mess:

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Mounting-R...B000FCGS5Y

Follow the instructions and these things hold like crazy. Living in an apartment, these have become my go-to for sticking just about anything together or on the walls.
I actually used a small (about 1inch x 1inch) square of 3M heavy duty outdoor double-sided mounting tape, simply because I had it on hand. It's actually overkill and something I would recommend against, because it's a little too good. What crackers or danejaho suggest would be better. Hence why I used only a small square. Otherwise, one might pull the plastic off the TV if they ever need to remove the box :D

Somewhere in my room is some velcro (hook and loop), which would be even better. It's still cheap and also allows temp removal without having to get new tape. This is what I used a few years ago, which was actually attached via the VESA screws using grommets in the velcro:

Of course, the proper thing would be to buy or make some nice sleek mount, but meh.
Brings back fond memories of a black and white TV my parents had in their bedroom on a similar looking rolling stand. Smile
It's almost begging for a Pi on the back of that TV
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Given the title of the thread, I was afraid I'd be seeing a bunch of remote pr0n or something...

Looks good, Ned. Now I'm waiting to see someone MacGyver a screen onto one of those ceiling mounted lights from a dentist office into their bedroom. Watch movies while sitting in bed? Easy! Watch movies while lying down, looking up at the ceiling? Sure!
@doug, that would just make it so much easier to go to sleep watching. I have re-watched so many TV episodes after falling asleep sitting up, I hate to imagine what my strike rate would be lying down!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I would too, but my wife is usually sawing logs before me. That's my cue to pause.
Oh yeah I then have to re-watch with her too...
(2016-04-12, 15:37)Dilligaf Wrote: It's almost begging for a Pi on the back of that TV

+1 Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ned's amazing bedroom setup!0