Speed of channel changes with this DVB
Unsure if this is the correct place to ask about hardware ? If not I apologise..

Integrating liveTv is something I never really bothered with on Kodi as my sat feeds here are encrypted and streaming is hit and miss due to buffering on less than wonderful Thai internet (OK with Thai servers). I will soon be spending more time in the UK, where freeview is broadcast and I was looking for feedback on these android boxes with built in DVB. Seems ideal combo.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-T...583fe4c07f

anyone used them ?? Speed of channel change ?? Work well with Kodi ??
I dont beleive there are any Android/kodi supported "live tv" servers/backends. It looks like this box comes preloaded with a "DTV" never heard of it but unless there an addon for it, you wont be able use and integrate it with Kodi...

I would also be suspicious what "fully loaded" means, usually that refers to having dodgy adons that are not supported in the forum.
Yeah fully loaded if it means Kodi just means nuke and pave rebuild.. I dont like builds or even too many add ons.. My kodi is mostly a home network media player..

But the UK has Freeview.. And if I can bring freeview into the mix, with EPG etc.. Using this antenna input.. Thats a value added.. I thought there was many ways you could get antenna input live TV into Kodi, but never been in a location with FTA digitial broadcast (mine always protected satellite content) is the issue the lack of a android backend ??

I was going to add a youview box in my UK system, but if this did what is says on the tin, I could skip that.
Yes, essentially you need a backend TV server (something like TVhead,MythTV, DVBLogic) , to my knowledge non run on Android. have a read here : http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

BTW... the box is DVBs2 which means you'll need a dish and use Freesat and not an aerial/Freeview. You could always use a Rpi2 and a USB DVBt stick?
Then theres another K1 box with a DVB-T also.. I 100% sure saw it.. Will dig later..

Without the backend it becomes far less useful..

If I could just get a yourview box that ran kodi !!
Hi Phat Phreddy,

This receiver is very slow on android firmware but you can use openelec installed on SD card and it is working better with tvheadend .

Cnxsoft link

Openelec

Good luck.
Hi Phat,

I never use Android as OS for TV system. If you don't need the Play Store Apps then I recommend using Linux OS for your TV system.

For me the best small system is a Raspberry Pi 2/3 with LibreELEC. OSMC or MiniDVBLinux. It depends on your needs.
There is also an OpenELEC Wetek Play box which supports *ELEC, Enigma2 and Android.

I think with other Android boxes you will not get happy because there have no community.

I use my Raspberry for almost everything, Live-TV with DVB-C USB stick, media center with USB hard disk and NFS share, independent sound server with MPD, Ambilight for my TV...

If you want to change to a different system you can still use the Raspberry as a small server and you not waste your money.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed of channel changes with this DVB0