Is it possible to install Kodi on ATV 2?
Question 
Hi, I have a apple TV2 that had xbmc on it for the longest time. It was jail broken and had xbmc on it. I had heard that xbmc was very outdated and that kodi was the new thing. I didn't bother trying to install Kodi on my apple TV 2, because I was told by someone that it wasn't possible. Plus, xbmc was working pretty good, with an occasional crash here and there. So I did a little research and saw that people were saying that it could be installed on the ATV2. So I attempted to install it. I used NitoTV to try and install it. I went to Install Software>Kodi-ATV2>Configure dpkg>install. At a certain point the install freezes, and the ATV2 reboots. It has installed written next to it everytime I go into install software, but I don't see Kodi anywhere. Also, xbmc isn't working. I am a complete noobie, so I am absolutely clueless as to what to do or where to go from here.
Helix 14.2 is the last version that supports ATV2

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Apple_TV_2
Thread moved to iOS
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Now, for a brief moment I got kodi installed. Unfortunately, every time I tried to start Kodi the atv2 would crash. So I tried to used the kodi-atv2 repo on NitoTV because I thought that was the problem. It said that it had been successful in updating and then proceeded to reboot. When came back on, I experienced the same problem. So I thought I should use nito installer to see if I could get any better results. I pressed upgrade nitotv on the nito installer. It said that it was successful and the atv2 rebooted. When it came back on, xbmc, kodi, and nitotv were all gone. I don't know if I have somehow undid the jailbreak by doing this or what. I went back into the nito installer on my laptop and saw that I was still able to select the apple tv and I was able to use putty and log in, so I'm guessing it is still jailbroken but I don't know for sure. Also, I have tried to re-install nitotv using the nito installer on my laptop. Every time I do, I get the green check mark saying the installation was successful and then the atv2 reboots. Every time it comes back on, there is no nitotv in my icons. I really need some advice.
funny enough I am in the same boat as you justme25 !
Yeah, it sucks. I still haven't found anything out. If you happen to find out anything please let me know. I am not sure if the avt2 is even jailbroken anymore. If it isn't, i'm wondering if maybe it is too old to jailbreak. I'm clueless, basically.
its stressing me out

I jb mine again on the chance I could start over but still no joy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to install Kodi on ATV 2?0