v17 [Resolved] Fritsch-/Milhouse-Build: Atmos: Yes, DTS:x: No
Something weird: I have tested many builds from Milhouse/Fritsch (even the latest ones) on my Intel NUC (34010) with the following issue: Dolby ATMOS tracks are being passed through as Dolby ATMOS, but DTS:x only as DTS-HS. I did also try the test files from the KODI-Wiki. Someone in the windows section posted the same issue for Kodi16. With a mediaplayer from Mede8er DTS-X passthrough is working fine. So my AV equipment can not be the cause for the issue.

Any idea what could cause this? Which information is needed to find the reason for this behaviour?
Most likely our packer does not cope with the X extension and falls back to the backwards compatible DTS-HS format. As you seem to have the hardware (I have not) mind looking into implementing it?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm sorry to say, but I don't have the developer skills to implement it, but it would be a pleasure to help you testing it.
Btw. what makes me wonder, some report success on Android: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...gh-works-/ which also uses this code for packing it (or no packaging in this specific android case).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Mhmm, thats weird. What do you mean by "or no in packaging in this specific android case"? Does it mean that there is a difference in the handlig of the DTS:X metadata between the android version and the generic version of Kodi that would explain why DTS:X may work on android but neither on windows nor linux?
Nope - not in that, but in the packaging. On Android the OS packages the payload into IEC packages (v23 only) on all other platforms we do the packaging. Therefore I really wonder why the payload should change between those, too.
Sorry for confusing! Kodi works perfectly with DTS:x tracks!
The issue was that i had downloaded several demos which has been described as demos containing dts:x tracks. But this was not the case!
Then change the title of this thread, please :-)
Already done or do you think that "Resolved" is not enough?
Jep, all fine. Thanks much.
(2016-04-20, 13:29)mule1 Wrote: The issue was that i had downloaded several demos which has been described as demos containing dts:x tracks. But this was not the case!
If the demo tracks are from Kodi wiki, they all contain DTS:X track. It is the second stream that is DTS:X, default is DTS-HD Master Audio.
Ah, that's it. Shame on me for such a beginner mistake!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Resolved] Fritsch-/Milhouse-Build: Atmos: Yes, DTS:x: No0