Issues skipping Recorded/Live TV
Apologies if this isn't the right forum to post in, please let me know if it's not.

I've got a Nexus Player (Android TV) set up running NPVR and on some recordings (I find that it's more the HD ones rather than SD, so 1080i rather than 526/720), the file plays without an issue, until I skip back/forward, or FF/REW a certain amount. Then the video freezes where it is, and the audio keeps playing. In the logs, I get the following error:
Quote:21:10:36 T:18446744073084774704 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec::GetOutputPicture ExceptionCheck; dequeueOutputBuffer
21:10:36 T:18446744073084774704 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:Big Grinecode ExceptionCheck
And those lines just keep repeating. Any ideas/suggestions as to what might be the problem?
SPMC 16.4 - nVidia Shield TV
I'm convinced that the error recovery system in the kodi is buggy. I've had problems with the sw recovering from interrupted data streams either from live TV or via the Internet using video addons. Regular TVs recover very nicely when OTA data streams are interrupted. It's my hope that one day, kodi will behave similarly.

Sent from my GT-P3113
I am experiencing issues in Kodi with Recorded TV stuttering during playback. When I select a recorded video, it start to buffer and when it gets around 2% I get a "Cache full - Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous stream"

My current configuration is:

NextPVR v3.3.6 on Windows 7 x64 SP1
Intel NUC i3:
16GB of RAM
500GB mSATA SSD
2.5 2TB SATA3 HDD (NextPVR recorded videos - 1.6TB free space currently)

Kodi Client v16.1 Jarvis on Windows x64 SP1
Intel NUC i3:
16GB of RAM
500GB mSATA SSD
2.5 2TB SATA3 HDD (local storage for videos if needed, currently empty)

10TB NAS for all videos (outside of NextPVR)

Connected via GigE

All recorded videos playback fine without stutter on the NextPVR machine
When connecting to NextPVR from the Kodi client, Live TV functions just fine without stutter, although changing channels sometimes causes Live TV to freeze.
When accessing the recorded programs, the playback starts to buffer and usually right around 2-3% I get the "Cache full - Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous stream" informational message and playback starts for about 2 to 3 minutes and then starts to slow down and then I lose the sound and eventually the stream freezes and I have to stop and exit the recordings menu. I can go to Live TV from there and I experience no issues. This only happens when I use the recordings sub-menu of Live TV in Kodi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Charles

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues skipping Recorded/Live TV0