iOS Control Center integration
-iPhone 5s -ios 7.1.2 -Kodi 14.2 ~ 17

Hi folks. I've noticed an issue with the control centre integration that I hope you could shed some light on.

With a stock install of Kodi (before any music is scanned to the library) the CC will display track details of any music played. However the moment music is scanned the track details disappear.

They will only reappear once the scanned source is removed (ie all library data is deleted). What could be causing this and how to resolve?

Can anyone please confirm this behaviour?

Regards
post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Debug log before library scanning (with everything working normally)

http://xbmclogs.com/p2bvrmfwh

Debug log after scanning music into library...

http://xbmclogs.com/puvdpczqm

Cheers
Is there any connection between the above issue and this...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2b09...08daf6058d

... ?
Nope Thats unrelated (it fixes Play and Pause from the Control Center - nothing changed with the metadata Handling there)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks for the reply Memphiz. Could you kindly give me your thoughts on what is happening here ?

- Are you able to reproduce this behaviour ?
- Do the logs reveal anything significant ?
- Is this unique to my setup ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
No time to take the needed actions for being able to give an answer to your questions.
fix incoming for the nightlies ...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9650
Many thanks Memphiz. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned this problem before. Nice to know its getting some attention.
niche feature...
Checked with the latest nightly. It's now working perfectly. A big thanks to both Memphiz and DaveTBlake for such swift action.

There are some other issues/bugs with the Control Center which I hope can also be addressed.

(1) When music is "skipped back" using CC it does not reset the time. eg. if I skipped back to the start of a song after 30 seconds of listening, the time will show that 30 seconds have elapsed. The only way to "reset" the track time is by pressing pause. Also any attempts to manipulate the track position within Kodi itself will not be mirrored by CC. Again only by pausing the music will the true track position be observed.

(2) Although pause/play behaviour works perfectly with Kodi in the background it does not when CC is directly "on top" of Kodi. When CC overlays Kodi, pressing the pause button stops the music but the pause symbol does not change until 70 seconds later ! The CC track timer continues to run down throughout this period.

Repeatable on Kodi 14.2 ~ 17 alpha

Thanks
I say it again - this is so much a niche feature - i won't spend any time on fixing such cosmetics. I am so low on Free time in General that i have other priorities when i finally do something for kodi. 3rd Party developers are free to tackle this of course - but i have Never Seen one ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Center integration0