Metropolis on Kodii 17?
Has anyone successfully run Metropolis on Kodii 17 yet?

Thanks
Not me, I've been crazy busy. But a quick look at the changes required show that some interesting things are now possible, and that a lot of work is needed.
I'm guessing Jingai is most likely gong to need a volunteer that can make some graphics. That release as TONS of icon changes, I hope he has the master .psds of the originals or it is going to be slow going.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Unfortunately, what's in the repository is all I have. I'll figure something out, but in general, Metropolis supports Kodi versions as they're released.. at least for now. I'm just far too busy to try to keep up with beta releases too.
So, I got it to install and load now in 17, but it is going to take a huge amount of work to even get it to look normal.
So many dialogs have been "merged", which is a bit of a misnomer in that there is no real way to merge 7 different looking windows into 1 easily. It's more of a rewrite.

Now that it can load, I can work on it. Don't hold your breath on a time frame; I'm moving to the other side of the world in about 30 days so I'm going to be pretty busy.

Here's just an example of how messed up it is.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
So here is the most I could do today. It is not even an alpha, it is just an ugly starting point. It installs, and sort of works, albeit badly.
WIP Kodi 17 (Krypton)

Don't install this, it is just to show that we are trying to keep up, but Kodi has an army of devs; Metropolis has Jingai (and sometimes me), that's all.
(2016-04-18, 21:48)MacGyver Wrote: So here is the most I could do today. It is not even an alpha, it is just an ugly starting point. It installs, and sort of works, albeit badly.
WIP Kodi 17 (Krypton)

Don't install this, it is just to show that we are trying to keep up, but Kodi has an army of devs; Metropolis has Jingai (and sometimes me), that's all.

That's cool no rush at all when it's ready its ready Smile

But thanks for looking into it.
(2016-04-18, 21:48)MacGyver Wrote: So here is the most I could do today. It is not even an alpha, it is just an ugly starting point. It installs, and sort of works, albeit badly.
WIP Kodi 17 (Krypton)

Anything any of use can do to help out?
I normally try to bang out the rough code updates, and then let Jingai work out the rough edges. I'll add code to my git, and if you want to tell me about any problems that you find, I'll try to refine it a little more so there is less for Jingai to do.
Again, I like doing the work when I have the time, it helps me unwind, but if I can't find the time not a lot will get done.

Screenshots and what you were doing when you noticed the problem/glitch should be all I need. If you're willing to go through the trouble, I'll try to write the fixes.
Really like this skin, there are a few things I would tweak but overall I love it. Probably won't upgrade till it's ready for 17
Probably about 70% working. Here is an extreme early version.
Only use if you really need to have Kodi 17 running Metropolis, and love issues and problems. This doesn't have any finishing touches and is just as a test.
This is not official by any means, so if you have issues, msg me your problems to keep the official threads clean.

About 80% of the needed fixes for Krypton.

I fixed an audio language icon detection bug too. (und and unk logic would allow for empty language boxes sometimes))

I moved to resource.image.xxx.xxx based icons for the generic stuff, weather icons, dynamic weather backgrounds, studio images, record company images, country flags. This is where Kodi seems to be going anyway, they don't want a lot of copies of common things being bundled into each skin (like the 40mb weather-prairie images, or sounds), the xml changes also would allow for the user to choose from different resources for non-Metropolis specific images in the future.

It has the by-product of making Metropolis half the size. It also means that it is no longer on Jingai's shoulders to add every studio image by himself, or make the user wait for a full skin release to have new studio and record images updated, they will update when the resource does.

None of this is official so it's up to Jingai to add any or none of it.

Here is Metropolis on Kodi 17 using common resource based images for studio, country, and weather.

WOW you work fast MacGyver!! Smile

Thank you so much for helping make Metropolis so Awesome!
I did the work for the newest Kodi changes. Also added page info for when scrolling or when the page control is focused and I also fixed the votes icon to be able to display 888,888 correctly.

I'll do my best to get on this so it's ready for Kodi 17 release.
I just installed the alpha 2 and appearance is not working, so no way to switch the skin
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis on Kodii 17?0