• 20(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-30, 06:17)Milhouse Wrote: The tree should be replaced by the new logo in the latest builds. You can disable the first LE splash by adding "nosplash" to /flash/cmdline.txt. Disable the Kodi splash by adding <splash>false</splash> to advancedsettings.xml.

cmdline works, advancedsettings.xml one does not. Animated Kodi splash still showing.

here's my xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="true">-1</loglevel>
<nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
<video>
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>[\\/]\.\_</regexp>
<regexp>\.AppleDouble</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>[\\/]\.\_</regexp>
<regexp>\.AppleDouble</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
<videoscanner>
   <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>
(2016-04-30, 14:41)nuwonda Wrote: Animated Kodi splash still showing.

The *animated* splash (aka splash video) has nothing to do with Kodi. Create /storage/.config/splash.disable to disable the splash video.

There are a total of 3 splash images/videos, all of which can be disabled:
  1. LibreELEC splash image (disabled by adding "nosplash" to /flash/cmdline.txt)
  2. Splash video (disabled with "touch /storage/.config/splash.disable")
  3. Kodi splash image (add "<splash>false</splash>" to /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml)

(2016-04-30, 14:41)nuwonda Wrote: cmdline works, advancedsettings.xml one does not.

Are you creating the advancedsettings.xml file in the correct location? Upload a debug log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-30, 12:37)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-04-30, 11:26)mark2112 Wrote: Thanks Milhouse. I managed to disable the Kodi splash but I can't save cmdline.txt using nano (via ssh). Also the new splash cuts short before it flips over into the Kodi logo.

[ Error writing cmdline.txt: Read-only file system ]

mount -o remount,rw /flash
nano /flash/cmdline.txt

Thanks Tim, it worked. Any idea how to make the new Libreelec splash movie play through the whole clip? Mine gets half way through and stops when it starts flipping over to the kodi logo.
(2016-04-30, 14:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-30, 12:04)Rossi1 Wrote: Any hope of working addons "VNC via DispmanX" ? Thanks info !

I've asked for it to be added.

Big thanks Milhouse !!! I will not miss anything for comfort Smile
(2016-04-30, 11:26)mark2112 Wrote: Thanks Milhouse. I managed to disable the Kodi splash but I can't save cmdline.txt using nano (via ssh). Also the new splash cuts short before it flips over into the Kodi logo.

[ Error writing cmdline.txt: Read-only file system ]
Use

mount -o rw,remount /flash

to get writeable cmdline.txt
(2016-04-28, 21:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 17:42)Little_Kitty Wrote: Im back home and im checking.
when im at hte file list where i see all my files. i press the left button the menu pops up "view options"

It's there for Library-based views - in the sidebar menu toggle through "All videos", "Unwatched" or "Watched". Unfortunately "hide watched" in Estuary isn't as good as the old dropped feature, which needs to be re-developed so that it's not skin-specific (as it was with Confluence).

i might have missed it no idea. But i cant seem to find it.
I went back to the libreelec 7.0.0 or so the one on the site. Because i cant get find a good skin.
Just installed latest firmware with audio_pwm_mode=2 and dtparam=audio=on in config.txt... wow great quality. Those two AC coupled PWM outputs filtered by a RC filter are finally driven properly to their maximum potential. Nice low bass, no more distortion noise, clicks, good frequency response up to 17 kHz. Props to the university guy "jdb" that the foundation hired to rewrite this. Also all hifiberry sufferers can stop taking their pills against kernel upgrade regression anxiety now. ;-)
Katastrophentourist
(2016-04-30, 19:19)MarkT Wrote: Just installed latest firmware with audio_pwm_mode=2 and dtparam=audio=on in config.txt... wow great quality. Those two AC coupled PWM outputs filtered by a RC filter are finally driven properly to their maximum potential. Nice low bass, no more distortion noise, clicks, good frequency response up to 17 kHz. Props to the university guy "jdb" that the foundation hired to rewrite this. Also all hifiberry sufferers can stop taking their pills against kernel upgrade regression anxiety now. ;-)

Quite right. My Hifiberry Digi + is working again Smile

Also my test 1080p_24fps h265 file plays pretty well on RP3.

Thank you guys.
(2016-04-30, 15:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-30, 14:41)nuwonda Wrote: Animated Kodi splash still showing.

The *animated* splash (aka splash video) has nothing to do with Kodi. Create /storage/.config/splash.disable to disable the splash video.

There are a total of 3 splash images/videos, all of which can be disabled:
  1. LibreELEC splash image (disabled by adding "nosplash" to /flash/cmdline.txt)
  2. Splash video (disabled with "touch /storage/.config/splash.disable")
  3. Kodi splash image (add "<splash>false</splash>" to /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml)

(2016-04-30, 14:41)nuwonda Wrote: cmdline works, advancedsettings.xml one does not.

Are you creating the advancedsettings.xml file in the correct location? Upload a debug log.

my bad. I thought the xml setting referred to the animated white background logo but it doesn't. All is well then. splash.disable works on the video.

Will those settings make it into the GUI at some point?
(2016-04-30, 21:30)nuwonda Wrote: Will those settings make it into the GUI at some point?

#1 could be added to LibreELEC Settings, but I'm not aware of any plans to do so (adding such support would be architecture specific and not trivial).

#2 is specific to these builds and is really just a proof of concept so there's not going to be any GUI setting.

#3 is up to the Kodi developers but after all these years I don't see them suddenly adding GUI support to disable their splash.

In short: No, no and no.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0430: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc5 #1 Sat Apr 30 21:06:14 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2016 11:10:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9b52ab7b475f4a056658fd2d95d2440b32167390 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160430210513-#0430-g3c6a592 [Build #0430]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002483.589: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (3c6a5927, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c172ddfc, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Minors
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • addon-tools: add packages list to description (PR:262, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • inadyn: create addon (PR:259, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • tvheadend42: update to 4.1.1945 (PR:227, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • cpluff: Build ExternalProject in source (PR:9691, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.smoothstream:
    • fix build on android (PR:3, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Update CMakeLists.txt (f430899a)
Hi @Milhouse

The splash video isn't displayed in full length at boot of my Raspberry Pi. Is the a hack to see the whole video at startup?
(2016-05-01, 09:22)nexusle Wrote: Hi @Milhouse

The splash video isn't displayed in full length at boot of my Raspberry Pi. Is the a hack to see the whole video at startup?

Yes the hack is there, but for some reason it doesn't always work for everyone. I wonder if the video player is crashing or ending early for some reason, maybe an unexpected refresh rate change (wild guess).
Hello I noticed some post regarding the usage of HifiberryDigi+ within this thread so I thought I give the new LibreElec builds a try and I'm pretty happy with the nightly builds so far I noticed no issues with the latest build.

There is only one thing I'm not able to figure out and I hope that someone uses a similar configuration.

I use HifiberryDigi+ for DTS passtrough which works nicely as long as OMXplayer is disabled. However Dolby AC3 passthrough only works with OMXplayer enabled but this mess up the DTS passtrough. If OMXplay is enabled I only get a high frequent static noise (PCM32kHz according to my Sony receiver) when playing DTS files.

Any ideas and thanks for any reply.
(2016-05-01, 13:41)Ollo Wrote: I use HifiberryDigi+ for DTS passtrough which works nicely as long as OMXplayer is disabled. However Dolby AC3 passthrough only works with OMXplayer enabled but this mess up the DTS passtrough. If OMXplay is enabled I only get a high frequent static noise (PCM32kHz according to my Sony receiver) when playing DTS files.

Not really understanding this. OMXPlayer doesn't support Hifiberry (or any ALSA device) at all.
If you enable HifiberryDigi in system/audio settings then OMXPlayer won't be used, so the OMXPlayer setting will have no effect.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19