• 146(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-13, 22:43)Combie81 Wrote: On the Pi3 I've come across an issue in build #0913 - and quite a lot of other revisions back - where after I had created an additional couple of user profiles and after switching user the mouse cursor seems to either disappear completely(visually - function still works) or theres a garbled box that takes up a chunk of the screen.

I did a clean install using the installer and faced the same issue, and again as I patched up through versions.

Sometimes it solved by cold boot or lastest skin updating.
(2016-09-13, 22:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 15:13)pyrodex Wrote: I noticed last night and previous night when playing a 5.1 audio show that after a pause and play there is a chance where the audio channels don't come back properly. For example on 9/11 I paused the show we were watching to talk a second and hit play again but then the center channel which carried the voices was missing, we heard audio from the other channels but the actors had no voices. Last night on 9/12 we paused the show to talk and upon hitting play the actors sounded like they were really far away at the end of a tunnel. On both occasions hitting stop and play again resolved the issue, I was even able to skip back and go over the same scene to ensure there was no video corruption.

Can you try a few things to narrow it down (one at a time, set them back if they don't help - you may need to set settings level to expert first):
In system/audio settings set "Keep audio device alive" to "always"
Does enabling omxplayer in video/acceleration settings help?
Does enabling passthrough in system/audio settings help?
In system/audio settings does setting "resample quality" from gpu to medium help?

What are you connected to? e.g. Pi->AV receiver->TV? Make and model?

popcornmix I will try and validate those questions later tonight but I have a RPi3->Denon AVR-991->Panasonic 50" Plasma from like 2010ish.

If I do passthrough won't I lose 5.1 audio since the RPi can't bitstream HD codecs and kodi now without passthrough is pushing them to PCM?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Popcornmix did you see the livetv sample i sent which stays in sync with mmal and goes out of sync with omx? do you need any logs or additional samples?
Here crashlog from spontaneous crash

http://sprunge.us/ECgQ
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2016-09-14, 06:57)gendo Wrote: Popcornmix did you see the livetv sample i sent which stays in sync with mmal and goes out of sync with omx? do you need any logs or additional samples?

Yes, I have the file in my test library. Thanks. Will investigate when I get a chance.
Is Amazon via sandmans addon still working for you?

I switched from 807 to 912 and amazon videos will not start anymore.
(2016-09-13, 21:00)popcornmix Wrote: Try setting "Threshold for pitch correction" to 100 in case you are hitting the atempo memory leak.
Doesn't crash with 100.
(2016-09-14, 15:49)smp1 Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 21:00)popcornmix Wrote: Try setting "Threshold for pitch correction" to 100 in case you are hitting the atempo memory leak.
Doesn't crash with 100.

fernetmenta is aware of the atempo memory leak but doesn't currently have a fix.
I'll change the default to 100 in tonight's build until we have a fix for the memory leak.
(2016-09-14, 01:21)pyrodex Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 22:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 15:13)pyrodex Wrote: I noticed last night and previous night when playing a 5.1 audio show that after a pause and play there is a chance where the audio channels don't come back properly. For example on 9/11 I paused the show we were watching to talk a second and hit play again but then the center channel which carried the voices was missing, we heard audio from the other channels but the actors had no voices. Last night on 9/12 we paused the show to talk and upon hitting play the actors sounded like they were really far away at the end of a tunnel. On both occasions hitting stop and play again resolved the issue, I was even able to skip back and go over the same scene to ensure there was no video corruption.

Can you try a few things to narrow it down (one at a time, set them back if they don't help - you may need to set settings level to expert first):
In system/audio settings set "Keep audio device alive" to "always"
Does enabling omxplayer in video/acceleration settings help?
Does enabling passthrough in system/audio settings help?
In system/audio settings does setting "resample quality" from gpu to medium help?

What are you connected to? e.g. Pi->AV receiver->TV? Make and model?

popcornmix I will try and validate those questions later tonight but I have a RPi3->Denon AVR-991->Panasonic 50" Plasma from like 2010ish.

If I do passthrough won't I lose 5.1 audio since the RPi can't bitstream HD codecs and kodi now without passthrough is pushing them to PCM?

I made most of the changes except pass through since I am wanting to know about the question for HD codecs.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2016-09-14, 15:34)jobisoft Wrote: Is Amazon via sandmans addon still working for you?

The audio starts but no video. Have tried turning omxplayer off/on. Can produce a log if requested

Sent from my SM-G925F
No, inputstream.mpd is still having a problem in latest builds, I'll let mapfau know.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-14, 16:36)mildenhall Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 15:34)jobisoft Wrote: Is Amazon via sandmans addon still working for you?

The audio starts but no video. Have tried turning omxplayer off/on. Can produce a log if requested

Sent from my SM-G925F

I've been having the same issue and opened this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=290254

Looks like they are aware of the issue and are working on it: https://github.com/mapfau/inputstream.mpd/issues/35

I hope it is working again soon but I can't complain since it's all free and works really well on the PI.
Thanks, @mapfau thought he had fixed the decrypt issue with the updated inputstream.mpd in #0913, but obviously it's not quite there yet.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0914: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.3 #1 Wed Sep 14 21:05:01 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 14 2016 20:00:33
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa16f891edfcb0ba1aae15be195ad9d8b38d6be (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160914210358-#0914-gd875a87 [Build #0914]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK

# Kernel device tree status: DISABLED

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (d875a87d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (88367403, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Skin migration and addon compatibility checking
  3. hack: Default atempo threshold to 100 until memory leak is fixed
  4. brcmfmac: do not use internal roaming engine by default
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Sep 14):
    • firmware: tvservice/cecservice: We only care about unexpected message sizes
    • firmware: khronos: Avoid starting khronos service when vc4-kms-v3d is active
    • firmeare: arm_loader: Enable fake_vsync_isr when fkms overlay is used. See: link
    • firmware: vcdbg: Add support for vchiq debugging
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Update Amlogic kernel 3.10 to 86c93aa (PR:731, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Hub/patches/kodi: use poweroff instead of suspend (PR:732, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: Map Home button on IR remote to KEY_HOME (PR:734, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix some remaining http header issues (PR:10458, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [pvr] show notification if no pvr addon is enabled while entering a pvr window (PR:10461, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • skin migration and addon compatibility checking (PR:10335, 14 commits, 27 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • hack: Default atempo threshold to 100 until memory leak is fixed (541251b8)
  5. kernel 4.7.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • overlays: Add dpi18 overlay (#1634) (c5a270e7)
      • brcmfmac: do not use internal roaming engine by default (f24e20f7)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: kodi: Fix addon wrapper after PR:10335
(2016-09-13, 21:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 20:47)smp1 Wrote: Something is definitely broken in 0912. It froze twice already with live TV. Freeze, then reboot with no crash log, "CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled" in log.
It crashed both times after almost exactly 5 hours of watching the HDTV channel. No overclocking, no GPU resampling, no joystick Smile

Try setting "Threshold for pitch correction" to 100 in case you are hitting the atempo memory leak.
If that doesn't help can you confirm if #0911 is definitely okay?
Ok, 0912 crashed again with the same symptoms so it was not atempo I guess. The video stalls and the Pi is useable for 1 minute or so (I can ssh and stream live TV to my PC). Then it locks up completely. Didn't try the latest build yet.
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19