Video and sound quality
Newbie here. I just installed Openelec on my new Asus Chromebox and it's hooked up to my Yamaha receiver. I was curious what I should set to have best sound and quality for my home theater? Any help is great.
Thread moved to hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If your Yamaha AVR is connected via HDMI and has HD Audio compatibility (almost every AVR sold with HDMI inputs since 2008 or 9 has HD Audio) - then I'd do the following :

Go to SYSTEM-SETTINGS-SYSTEM-AUDIO output (and ensure that you are on Expert Settings Level - though Advanced may do)

Audio Output Device : <You should see ALSA : HDA Intel - and then the name of your amp for the right audio device> (Though the default device is normally right) This is the device that decoded audio is sent to (MP3, FLAC, AAC etc.)
Number of Channels : the number of speakers in your set-up.

Enable Passthrough : Select
Passthrough Output Device (as above for Audio Output Device)
Then enable :
Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS
True HD
DTS-HD

That's what I have on my setup and it give me DD/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA/HRA bit streamed and multichannel AAC, FLAC, PCM output as multichannel PCM. Works well for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video and sound quality0