• 5(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Can you also post your backgrounds? You have obviously spent alot of time getting the right look and feel to your skin. I'd like to run the skin as it was originally designed..
The default backgrounds are included in the skin. As for the others, the only rule is that they're 1280x720 and, if you want them to load instantly, saved in bitmap format.
A few more changes, starting with the menu option highlights.

Hmm, for some reason the backgrounds didn't come up when I loaded the skin. I'm running a 2week old XBMC SVN. I'll update to the Aug 5 SVN and see if that fixes the problem.
djh,
I've spent a lot of time mod'n PM3 and I can see I'm going to dump my mod to use your skin... very nice work indeed!

A few thoughts...

To maximize screen real estate while in the videos, music, pictures, etc... what about adding an option for a 'full screen' version where the glass and the display panes take up the entire window? This would make the grid views really shine and get a tone on the screen at once.

And to top it off... if the coverflow view (not sure that is what it is called -the view on the post above) could have multiple rows this would be useful on the 'full screen' versions. Like this...

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - [] -
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
EDIT: Redundant now. No point wasting bandwidth.
loving the skin,

it would be great if you could support 4x3 soon - as i would really like to switch over to this beauty!
Coming soon. Nerd

The latest madness: online tutorials. They're enabled by default when you first run the skin, popping up to deliver a few lines (fadelabels = Big Grin) before sliding off again. Each page has its own unique tips.

Then, once you're sick to death of 'em, you just disable them permanently in the Custom menu. The where, you say? LOOK TO THE TIPS, FRIEND!

this project is really ready to be moved into the Skinning SVN Smile
Catchy Signature Here
It would be greatly appreciated if you can make this skin available in 1080i. Unfortunately the TV I am using my XMBC on is only 1080i. I would love to try this skin out, it looks very nice.
Sadly, I don't have plans for resolutions above 720p until I move over to the linux build. Like most skins, Xephyr croaks when it goes up to 1080i, especially in the animation department.

Of course, that doesn't mean that someone else can't do it. Wink
alucard77,
your TV does not upconvert 480p or 720p to 1080i? I find that strange... I've never seen one that didn't...

btw, the XBOX has problems running XBMC at 1080i, no use (unless you like to waste time) in skinning something for it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thumbs Up 
This is easilly the best skin for XBMC now, it's just a pity you're only doing it in widescreen as I've only got a standard 4:3 telly (but I'm still gonna use the skin). It's only really the homepage and a few rows that looks wrong in 4:3 - I might have a go at that.

Questions, Questions!

When you post the backpack, can you please include that lovely image of Gillian Andersson? I've been looking around for it but can't find it.

The other new choices of image for TV and Movies are excellent, where do you get the pics from? I've been resizing my own DVD covers (280x400) and rasing the cache for thumbnails so they look better in xTV but nobody else seems to be doing it. Have you cropped/fixed up those movies posters yourself, they look spanking clean.

The general layout of the whole thing is ace, but I think that in the music wrap, the small covers are too small next to the selected one, the selected frame is too big (compared to movies) and the list view is very dull/plain. Is there any place to squeeze in the album art, maybe on the right hand side?

Hope you don't take offence to any of this criticism, like I've said, I think this is the best skin anyone's ever made for XBMC. Well done, it's well cool Cool
Thanks for the kind words. Big Grin

Far Beyond Wrote:It's only really the homepage and a few rows that looks wrong in 4:3 - I might have a go at that.

I can guarantee there'll be more wrong than that - much of the skin's been designed specifically to make use of the widescreen frame. Still, though, I'm sure a bit of determination could hack most of it down to size.

Quote:When you post the backpack, can you please include that lovely image of Gillian Andersson? I've been looking around for it but can't find it.

I wasn't planning on including it, but I'll send it over to you.

Quote:I've been resizing my own DVD covers (280x400) and rasing the cache for thumbnails so they look better in xTV but nobody else seems to be doing it. Have you cropped/fixed up those movies posters yourself, they look spanking clean.

I do them all myself. Tend to download them from the Internet Movie Poster Awards site before sprucing them up in Photoshop. My thumbnail size is set at 300px, though I tend to save them at 500px height in case I want to use them elsewhere.

Quote:I think that in the music wrap, the small covers are too small next to the selected one, the selected frame is too big (compared to movies) and the list view is very dull/plain. Is there any place to squeeze in the album art, maybe on the right hand side?

I'm in complete agreement with you - the Music views are probably the area in need of the most attention. I basically just plonked the Pictures views in there and left it for a later date, though I have tweaked the Preview view since the last build. Don't worry - Music will look completely different by the time I'm through.

I'm putting another build up tonight which features a considerable number of changes, most of which you've seen. Here's another:

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24