Just some progress screenshots
Figured I'd post a couple of screenshots showing progress being made
as you can see in this one we have some video playback and also The video library is now working with scrapers thanks to devs

Image Image
You just wanted to show off your new scrollbars. Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Just a bit more information on what is new in the last couple of weeks:
  1. Music playback is 100% working, including gapless for MP3 and FLAC, including fade in/out. Many codecs are already supported except for a few less common ones. List of codecs is in the wiki linux project page.
  2. Video playback is working with the latest FFmpeg (which means some WMV9 and H264 support). This is done using the dvdplayer module. For now we are NOT porting mplayer but rather spending the effort on polishing dvdplayer and finishing it's missing features (subtitles, better streaming, etc). Video playback is done with OpenGL Pixel Shaders for the RGB->YUV and has been tested to work on NVidia and ATI. For older OpenGL implementations (such as Intel) there is software color space conversion.
  3. Python is mostly working including video streaming, sounds, keyboard and mouse. Still a bit shaky but it's getting there.
  4. Scrapers are working (IMDB, TV, etc).
  5. Library is working including searches.
  6. SMB and XBMSP file systems are working.
  7. Picture viewing and slide shows.
  8. Remote control support using LIRC.
  9. Visualization, including ProjectM, which is MilkDrop compatible.

XBMC for Linux is getting stabler and more useful every day. We are continuing to enhance and stabilize it.

I want to thank everyone in the Team-XBMC who worked hard to reach this point.

-Yuval
WOW!..... Progressing much faster than i had imagined was possible.

Thanks for all the good work guys!

Shorty
Wow, you guys are amazing! This is going to kick some major butt!
Stunning progress, there was me thinking it'd be 6months+ before I'd need to worry about putting together a htpc for this. AppleTV looks like an interesting prospect platform for it, has anyone tried that?
Wow, thanks for all the hard work. Really looking forward to this. Cheers.
My Pictures

Various Visualisations ProjectM, Opengl_Spectrum and Waveform
Image Image Image

Music Library with rating sort
Somebody likes Beryl lol
Ehm... how to put this...? OMG!!! Big Grin

I didn't think development would have moved so quickly. What is missing? Performance? Some major functionality? Because from what you write and show... it seems quite functional.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
Great work indeed, nice screenshots Jezz_X Wink
Wow... I actually was so excited about this project that I sent an email to Cali at Geek Brief TV to see if she would mention the call for programmers are her podcast... they were in the middle of moving so she just got back to me a day or so ago. She asked me this was still happening and if any progress had been made since she likes the XBMC project too.

I can't believe so much is working already! I also was under the impression that it would take a year to get something that was sort of working. I definitely see myself building an HTPC (or buying an appleTV if it turns out that it will give good performance) in the next 4 to 6 months now. Thanks guys... now I have to spend more money...Laugh

So how close to a "beta" or 1.0 release do you guys think this is now? A rough percentage maybe? Those screenshots deserve to be on the wiki maybe!

Thanks to the devs for all the hard work (yet again). I just wish there was something I could do other than cheer you on! Maybe it is a good time to revisit the donations? I know you don't do this for money, but maybe you guys can use the money to get some team t-shirts or hats or something made that say XBMC - Ubuntu or something... then if we see you on the street in Oslo, Bombay, Boston, Seattle, Berlin, or Rio... we can say thanks in person. Basically something that is obscure enough that maybe only those of us who truly appreciate what you are doing right now can say hello and buy you a beer or something.
I'm all for some sort of compensation. If you developers think of something, just let us know.
dailydisco Wrote:Wow... I actually was so excited about this project that I sent an email to Cali at Geek Brief TV to see if she would mention the call for programmers are her podcast... they were in the middle of moving so she just got back to me a day or so ago. She asked me this was still happening and if any progress had been made since she likes the XBMC project too.

who, what, when ?

Quote:So how close to a "beta" or 1.0 release do you guys think this is now? A rough percentage maybe? Those screenshots deserve to be on the wiki maybe!

hard to say, it's all the small stuff that takes most time...

Quote:Thanks to the devs for all the hard work (yet again). I just wish there was something I could do other than cheer you on! Maybe it is a good time to revisit the donations? I know you don't do this for money, but maybe you guys can use the money to get some team t-shirts or hats or something made that say XBMC - Ubuntu or something... then if we see you on the street in Oslo, Bombay, Boston, Seattle, Berlin, or Rio... we can say thanks in person. Basically something that is obscure enough that maybe only those of us who truly appreciate what you are doing right now can say hello and buy you a beer or something.

this is something I've been wanting to do for quite a while also Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just some progress screenshots2