Just some progress screenshots
pike Wrote:who, what, when ?

She and her husband have a tech podcast... here is their website:

http://geekbriefwp.podshow.com/

She gets excited about tech stuff and is one of bigger tech podcasts on iTunes (if not the biggest) so I i figured if she mentioned a call for coders it might snare a couple... hasn't happened yet, but I sent her a follow-up email with links to the cool beryl cube with XBMC on it as well as the Linux wiki.

pike Wrote:hard to say, it's all the small stuff that takes most time...

Totally understand... I wonder if it helps being in Linux though... can you basically just use mplayer from sourceforge since it has a Linux port already?

pike Wrote:this is something I've been wanting to do for quite a while also Cool

Go for it man! If you either get your CFO back online so he can start collecting donations or start a new collection via paypal, I am sure many people would drop in a few yen/euros/pounds/dollars! If you search the forum you'll see that many people (myself included) have tried to donate, only to have the money get returned after not being claimed in paypal! We wanna give! Some of us even feel sorta guilty for paying for junky software while you guys give away a killer app every day. If you do the shirts, just make sure that the devs and project managers have a very limited edition shirt... I don't want to be thanking some poser on the street! Maybe something that says:

XBMC - No Longer Barely Legal :p
then with your handle on it... or your avatar or something...
donations should work again I believe, so if you haven't tried lately, try now Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

what is this linux!?
is it for linux for the XbôX or Linux for the pc:/
xino Wrote:what is this linux!?
is it for linux for the XbôX or Linux for the pc:/

OMG I so hope your kidding if not try some actual reading of this forum
Xino - 200 stupid posts and counting
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pike Wrote:donations should work again I believe, so if you haven't tried lately, try now Wink
What are the details?

A search for "donation" and "paypal" didn't get me anything on the Wiki. Huh
ashlar Wrote:What are the details?

A search for "donation" and "paypal" didn't get me anything on the Wiki. Huh

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_contrib.htm

:p

Here's a couple from Apple Movie Trailers

ImageImageImage

The last one is a 480p video. This was on a 2.4ghz celeron laptop. The videos play great if downloaded. Ignore the dropped frames. I was capturing the screen.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Quick screenshot of Matrix x264 720p. Big Grin

x264 supported already, nice Wink
nurgle: What Hardware are you using? Did it run flawlessly?
Its running on my laptop, HP NX8220:
Intel Pentium M processor 770 (2.13-GHz, 533-MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache)
1.5GB RAM
ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600

It ran OK, it was dropping frames while doing other things in Ubuntu like using menu's, capturing screen etc...
I guess you could say it was watchable if you didn't do anything else at the same time.
yuvalt Wrote:[*]Video playback is working with the latest FFmpeg (which means some WMV9 and H264 support). This is done using the dvdplayer module. For now we are NOT porting mplayer but rather spending the effort on polishing dvdplayer and finishing it's missing features (subtitles, better streaming, etc). Video playback is done with OpenGL Pixel Shaders for the RGB->YUV and has been tested to work on NVidia and ATI. For older OpenGL implementations (such as Intel) there is software color space conversion.

Are you going to be dropping MPlayer support completely then, and just using dvdplayer because it's an FFmpeg front end where you won't have to be hacking away at someone else's code?

As for subtitles, I heartily suggest you look at porting a couple of already existing (and pretty good) implementations in the current branches of MPlayer and Perian.
bmfrosty Wrote:Are you going to be dropping MPlayer support completely then, and just using dvdplayer because it's an FFmpeg front end where you won't have to be hacking away at someone else's code?

As for subtitles, I heartily suggest you look at porting a couple of already existing (and pretty good) implementations in the current branches of MPlayer and Perian.
For now we're not doing mplayer. Maybe we'll do it later on, but at this point we don't see a reason + we know it's gonna be quite difficult. Regarding subtitles - yeah, that's the plan.

-Yuval

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just some progress screenshots2