Showing IP address
How can I display my IP address on the home screen, the same way the date and time is displayed?
You have to edit Home.xml and change line 122 to :

Code:
<label>$INFO[System.Date,,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Network.IPAddress,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]</label>

And the result :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2016-04-18, 12:09)mikebzh44 Wrote: You have to edit Home.xml and change line 122 to :

Code:
<label>$INFO[System.Date,,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Network.IPAddress,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]</label>

And the result :

Thank you! I made the changes over the weekend
Hi I am new And I would like to do it also..Were do i find home.xml?? I am using a mac And what do i use to put it in the home.Xml file??
can anyone help me??
Home.xml is in the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder in your appdata folder (Don't know where it is located on Mac).
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Why not set a static IP address via DHCP reservation?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thank you! I was searching for this for 2 days, now how we add the external ip, No I don't want to open an addon or an app to see if the vpn is connected or not, I want to see it in the main Kodi page.

Thank you again!
You're getting towards the boundaries of our VPN policy (wiki) there.

Please review what we do and do not support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
THANK YOU for posting this info....excellent customization.  I have Openelec boxes scattered around my house and having the IP is always helpful to find them with Yatse.

On my system with the AEON skin,  it's line 126 in the /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i/Home.xml   file.

I had a heck of a time finding it in the hidden folder, so sharing the location for everyone. 

A quick edit via SSH using VI to the following:

<label>$INFO[System.Date,[COLOR grey],  |  [/COLOR]]$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Network.IPAddress,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]</label>

works PERFECT!   THANK YOU!
(2019-01-02, 04:02)mitchd123 Wrote: THANK YOU for posting this info....excellent customization.  I have Openelec boxes scattered around my house and having the IP is always helpful to find them with Yatse.

On my system with the AEON skin,  it's line 126 in the /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i/Home.xml   file.

I had a heck of a time finding it in the hidden folder, so sharing the location for everyone. 

A quick edit via SSH using VI to the following:

<label>$INFO[System.Date,[COLOR grey],  |  [/COLOR]]$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Network.IPAddress,[COLOR grey]  |  [/COLOR]]</label>

works PERFECT!   THANK YOU!

Anyone know how to make this edit to add the display of IP address in newer versions?   I recently upgraded to Kodi 18.1 with Aeon.nox.silvio version 7.01.

Looking at the /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/16x9/Home.xlm  the file is set up very different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing IP address0