Email Script
I am currently using the XinBox script to get my emails but I have just modded my case and added a USB port in the slot where controller port 4 used to be before I removed it (Looks awsome, better than a cable hanging out of it) and I have also purchased a Wireless keyboard with built in mouse.

Because of this I think it would be really usefull if the XinBox script could be altered so it can send email too. Forgive me if there is already a script to do this but I did a search and couldnt find anything.

I have made applications in VB6 to do this but dont have a clue about python or the xbox system so im stuck when it comes to doing this myself.

Would anyone else like this feature or is it just me?

link to XinBox script here
come on guys, I cant be the only one that wants to be able to send emails?
Hey, im working on a brand new version of xinbox that will include unlimited inboxes, user accounts, SMTP suppoty (sending emails), plus basically all that Outlook has.

I will keep ya posted. Shouldnt be too far way :-D

cheers.
Stanley87
Im after some beta testers + translators, if your keen to help, PM me :-D

I only have english and german translation at present.

The link you have is the link to the new WIP (work in progress) script, which is very in progress, check it out tho to get a feeling for the new script.
id love to test this out. Would be great to have a e-mail client in XBMC.

All we need now is a MSN/Chat client and a fully working browser... and then that is 90% of what i use a pc for Tongue
Big Grin 
Well, donno is working on his new and improved irc script. there is an msn script out there, but not very nice to use.
I'm ready for Testing and Finnish translation.
Smile

Please, consider the skandinavian character problem also: ÖÄÅ does not show correctly with previous versions.. Smile
hey stanley.

I will be a beta tester for you. I've pm'd you. This script will kick ass!!!!!!

Really looking forward to this.
realjobe Wrote:I'm ready for Testing and Finnish translation.
Smile

Please, consider the skandinavian character problem also: ÖÄÅ does not show correctly with previous versions.. Smile

Yes, this was when the characters were in an email? of the subject?
correct?, i will get onto this once the email system is working and will get you to send me an email with those characters then.
Hi.
Here is what I mean. It's an ugly hack but it works in subject and in body (text/richtext)

it seems that the indents on the sctipt isn't correct so if anyone copypastes the code, i won't work. I used TAB instead if spaces.. Sad

http://pastebin.co.uk/17982

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Email Script0