Win Bind kodi to VPN service in win 7 firewall rule
I have been able to bind both IE 11 and google chrome browser programs to the VPN Service i have setup on my windows 7 PC using windows 7 firewall This works great and stops all communication to these programs when the VPN service connection is lost!

The article I followed is here:

https://support.hidemyass.com/hc/en-us/a...PN-traffic

But I tried this approach with Kodi as well and when i kill the VPN connection manually any movie that is currently playing in Kodi just continues to play - which in turn broadcasts my actual IP address to anyone who is looking for it.... this obviously defeats the purpose of VPN.

And yes i did disable the firewall rules that were in the windows firewall to allow all Kodi traffic.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to bind kodi to my VPN service in windows firewall so when the firewall notices that the VPN connection has failed it kills all communication with the internet for KodiHuhHuh

Thanks for your help!
So this questions has gotten 95 views and nobody has any input? Is there a Kodi Moderator who can push this to the top to get some type of response? Thank you in advance!
What is the source of these movies that is making you want to use a VPN?
Hi Bry and thanks for responding.

The source is my ISP and i do not want to be bandwidth throttled because they see that i am streaming media. Is there any help you could provide for my question? thanks!
(2016-04-29, 01:20)newbie_HTPC Wrote: Hi Bry and thanks for responding.

The source is my ISP and i do not want to be bandwidth throttled because they see that i am streaming media. Is there any help you could provide for my question? thanks!

That makes no sense Confused
Why would your ISP throttle bandwidth if they are the ones providing the source Huh
I'm sure ISPs have a way to profile your bandwidth usage i.e. they know you're streaming media vs browsing or checking emails.
No re-they can throttle bandwidth, but why they would?

(i.e. AT&T provide IPTV + Internet to watch streaming content, then throttle your bandwidth for watching their IPTV streams, or is this common practice?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bind kodi to VPN service in win 7 firewall rule0