• 16(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2016-12-06, 09:26)jd17 Wrote: Does anyone know if the J3455 uses that same chip as well?

Is the same chip.
Great, thanks. Smile
(2016-12-06, 03:30)elrik Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: Tne new Intel NUCs are out with Apollo Lake.

For the nerds: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She...asheet.pdf the DP to HDMI bridge (one wants to search for HDR).

Well, I read the documentation, find the chip in the motherboard and I think the Asrock J4205 has the same chip as new Intel NUC.

The Asrock use MCDP2800BC chip.

Good news, bad news

Good news, same features for J4205 --> HDR, (CEC??)

Bad News for Intel NUC at the moment, same problem as Asrock J4205 (no passthough yet, etc)

Is this suffering the same issues as Intel Celeron N3050
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-12-04, 23:12)flyingernst Wrote: 10bit Files dont always Play fine in my case. If I screw op Color settings in Intel Driver and in KODi...then some Files stutter or have synch Problems. Sometimes I have Color errors...pink and purple artefacts, especially in Dark scenes.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

I've had no problems with 10bit HEVC in MPC-HC hardware accelerated. Only when I put on newest madvr and lav filters to get hdr working do i have problems.

Kodi probably needs some updates to make it all work, but since there is very slim 4k content, we have time to wait.
N3050 only has a problems on windows - don't mix that.

For the intel nuc. It's good it has the same chip as the ASRock, cause of that: Intel devs will have the HW within zero time and can fix it for linux. Also it's easy for "us" (kodi) to provide some intel key devs a box (if needed) so that they can reproduce. Shipping boards without memory to devs is not that practical.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That being said: Someone with the hardware, please try with drm-intel-next-queued branch and see what happens.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-06, 19:44)fritsch Wrote: N3050 only has a problems on windows - don't mix that.

I did not say anything about LinusCool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
?! Sorry, Instruktion is to cryptic for me :-)
Sorry - no time for hand holding - will see to order one of those cheaper NUCs when they are available and test it myself.
Gibt kein Grund rumzuzicken :-) In meinen begrenzten Möglichkeiten versuche ich ja auch zu helfen. Hätte gereicht zu schreiben dass die Entwickler das machen können was Du empfohlen hast und Leute die nicht programmieren können eher nicht. Für ne gezielte Aktion hatte ich Dir ja angeboten meine Hardware zu stellen/leihen.
(2016-12-06, 19:47)fritsch Wrote: That being said: Someone with the hardware, please try with drm-intel-next-queued branch and see what happens.

Hi @fritsch, do you mean install the latest drm on Asrock J4205 on ubuntu 16.04 with kodi? I can try that
here my latest build LE8 (kodi17) on intel-drm-nighlty (kernel 4.9-rc8)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/p5du3h/1e...af92a26779

Code:
[drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20161205

there is also added to image ffmpegx (from Emby) which support HW encoding by intel (H.264, H.265)
(2016-12-07, 01:04)piotrasd Wrote: here my latest build LE8 (kodi17) on intel-drm-nighlty (kernel 4.9-rc8)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/p5du3h/1e...af92a26779

Code:
[drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20161205

there is also added to image ffmpegx (from Emby) which support HW encoding by intel (H.264, H.265)

password for ssh? i try "libreelec" but not Wink
ohhh sorry to long for me try "le"
as long as I didnt confuse the zipfiles before installation then your build had following results in my 2 minutes test

HD-Audio: same behavior as in all LibreElec builds
h265 10bit: SW! decoding. In your last build it switchend to HW decoding with antwars-screen (which was "wanted"/known)

perhaps my results are wrong, perhaps I confused the downloaded zip files
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9