• 21(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2016-12-15, 18:13)flyingernst Wrote: Yes, I mean Board->AVR->TV

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Any chance to test the two outputs with two cables, one to TV, one to AVR?
(2016-12-15, 11:32)oo.viper.oo Wrote: Dr.Feelgood or anyone with ASRock J4205-ITX, could you please test if it's possible to send audio over it's DVI port? Simply use some DVI to HDMI passive adapter or cable to attach to HDMI TV or Monitor with sound support.

It may sound weird at first to send audio over DVI, after all DVI shouldn't carry audio, right? I did my research and found that it is not uncommon for DVI to be able to carry audio, especially in those cases where the DVI header is simply applied to the actual HDMI port of the GPU chip. It is not clear at this moment what are the capabilities of J4205 GPU. But if it mimics Skylake GPU architecture to certain extent, it should at least have one DP port and one HDMI (1.4) port. We know that the HDMI 2.0 OUT header of the ASRock J4205-ITX is actually on-board adapted from the DP port of the GPU, because the GPU's HDMI is still only 1.4. Therefore it's possible that the DVI header is actually connected to the GPU's HDMI port. Then it might support audio as well.

It's important for my use case:
- Connect 4K TV via HDMI 2.0 to get best picture
- Connect old AV receiver via HDMI 1.3 to get best sound

So I need two HDMI outputs. If ASRock J4205-ITX's DVI is actually adapted HDMI and supports audio, then I can use it for my use case.

Thanks in advance for checking this!

Edit: and reading your story below, you might actually benefit from this use case as well, to be able to use your old AV receiver:
(2016-12-14, 21:32)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: I've just installed Asrock J4205-ITX and can play all 4K material. Works really good and CPU usage is never above 30%.

However when i connect it to my somewhat old VSX 922 receiver i can only get 30p output, TV supports 60P.
Is this a limitation of the receiver? Is there something i can do to get 60p output to the receiver also?

I had same ideas my self, will just need dvi to hdmi cable and check if it's possible, don't have it today but will invest in one tomorrow, but testing will need to wait until Sunday. Family and friends obligations first Smile

Br
It was related to Intel and I was talking about the Output of the vga... Not the decoding capabilities. Nvidia Can do 10 and 12 bit, but this is an apollo Lake Threat :-) so I was speaking about Intel

The other Tests later this week, sry. Since people get confused by words I will give Excel a chance to communicate my results.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2480137
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So There is Hope, because my color errors unser Windows and 10bit 4k sucks...might be a HDR Problem.

Just get a bluray player ... we only talk about decoding there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
?!

Perhaps to make some things clear:

3 steps:

Decode -> Render -> Output

The above patch decodes and transfers (both is losless). We still have no influence on the "Output" as this is done in kernel and there exists no mechanism to signal metadata yet.
(2016-12-16, 20:13)fritsch Wrote: Just get a bluray player ... we only talk about decoding there.

You could be a little niceConfused
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-12-16, 21:00)fritsch Wrote: We still have no influence on the "Output" as this is done in kernel

I thought that we have all the influence with what happens in the kernel. Tongue

Anyway, great to see the 10-bit HEVC for Apollo Lake is here.

One thing that is not clear for me - is the Apollo Lake HW (personally interested about NUC6CAYH that has the MC2800 LSPCon) capable of outputting HDR video stream to the TV?
Influence in: we don't have a method to say: Ey kernel, take care this next video frame is 10 bit stuff with metadata ... there is simply not any standard there in linux world.

But as you see now: fernet implemented all the bits in drm, in mesa - he is neither a mesa dev nor a drm dev.
(2016-12-16, 21:54)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 20:13)fritsch Wrote: Just get a bluray player ... we only talk about decoding there.

You could be a little niceConfused

As I got some angry mails I think I will write more text next time. In fact, if you want to enjoy hevc 10 material with all its beautiful colors (today) - you need a blurayplayer. This is what I wanted to say :-)
Yes, Fritsch and me already clarified this missunderstanding privately. Things are fine again. Happens.

I don't have any hw yet myself, but from fernet's testing: the "future live tv" standard at 50p via: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/f...c-10bit.ts works without issues, tested on 4205 apollo Lake.
For the selfbuilders:
mesa: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23639769/
kernel: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23638632/
VAAPI (kodi): https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agil...2c637c7992 and https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agil...6371b483cc
FFmpeg 3.2 or higher is needed.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9