• 67(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-03-13, 20:39)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: New test, Samsung JS7000 & Asrock J4205-ITX, Win 10
changed HDMI input to 1 (first) and PC as input, reinstalled drivers and now Win10 shows 4:4:4
But when i open the ChromaRes.png in Kodi pictures i get 4:2:2
Why is Kodi now showing 4:2:2 opposite to Win10 4:4:4 Huh

Most likely because Kodi does not display the picture in it's original size (1:1 pixel mapping), but it is scales it somehow. Or you have different display mode set in Kodi than what you have on the desktop.
(2017-03-13, 12:25)Stefan75 Wrote: Thanks for checking..

There's little "thank user" button at the bottom of each post. You're welcome Big Grin
(2017-03-13, 20:50)oo.viper.oo Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 20:39)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: New test, Samsung JS7000 & Asrock J4205-ITX, Win 10
changed HDMI input to 1 (first) and PC as input, reinstalled drivers and now Win10 shows 4:4:4
But when i open the ChromaRes.png in Kodi pictures i get 4:2:2
Why is Kodi now showing 4:2:2 opposite to Win10 4:4:4 Huh

Most likely because Kodi does not display the picture in it's original size (1:1 pixel mapping), but it is scales it somehow. Or you have different display mode set in Kodi than what you have on the desktop.

Re-installed Kodi and reapplied same video settings so now Kodi outputs 4:4:4 as well, but 4:2:2 is also visible but not so clear as 4:4:4

For you with Samsung TVs, changing to HDMI 1 and PC as input with UHD color enabled should display 4:4:4 ...
(2017-03-12, 12:11)dexter98 Wrote: Just a stupid question, but why didn't you buy dimm in the recommended list? I have now 2 J3455 boards with 1 Kingston 4gb module kvr16ls-something and these run without issues.

Sorry, but freqs on those busses are ridiculous high and can imagine that memory manuf also not always adhere perfectly to standards to squeeze max perf out of their products. I do know that gpu manuf did all kind of bad tricks to push max perf out of their cards.

Why is it always mobo/chipset/CPU manuf that gets the blame?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

There is a real world performance benefit from running at 1866mhz at cl10.

I did NOT blame Asrock for anything, i just asked nicely if it is possible to get a bios mod for this quite popular memory modules and offered to send over my modules for testing. They built the bios fix and put the ballistix 1866mhz on the compatibility list as a gesture of goodwill and i really appreciate it.

By the way, the newer 1.20 Bios builds also have a fix to make Logitech G-Series keyboards usable at startup and in the UEFI Setup.

This is the bios for J3455 with the fix for Ballistix 1866mhz:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxElhN_...sp=sharing
Hi,

at the moment i got a Apollo Lake Nuc for testing.

Video part is running fine. But Audio makes trouble.

Passthrough "works" but the the sound is struggling. Someone knows this issue?

Running Windows 10.
The Intel drivers are still shitty.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
did a little bit more testing.

The Problem is just with 24p + Sound.

Withouth changing the frequency the sound works oO
I've done more 4:4:4 testing...
- TV internal media player, failed
- Oppo UDP 203 4k player (set to 8bit RGB or YCrCb4:4:4), failed
- PC with GTX 960 HDMI 2 (set to 8bit RGB or YCrCb4:4:4), failed

So I guess it's not a Apollo Lake problem... my TV just can't display 4:4:4 correctly.
I guess I'll have to contact Philips support.

Compare picture TV and DVI monitor: http://cellarcinema.info/temp/philips_43...chroma.jpg

@oo.viper.oo, I don't have a 'thank you' button and I can't send private messages to you either.
Sony VPL-VW550ES, Oppo 103/203, Meridian 861v4, Genelec 1037/1038, http://cellarcinema.info
(2017-03-16, 12:17)Stefan75 Wrote: I've done more 4:4:4 testing...
- TV internal media player, failed
- Oppo UDP 203 4k player (set to 8bit RGB or YCrCb4:4:4), failed
- PC with GTX 960 HDMI 2 (set to 8bit RGB or YCrCb4:4:4), failed

So I guess it's not a Apollo Lake problem... my TV just can't display 4:4:4 correctly.
I guess I'll have to contact Philips support.

Compare picture TV and DVI monitor: http://cellarcinema.info/temp/philips_43...chroma.jpg

@oo.viper.oo, I don't have a 'thank you' button and I can't send private messages to you either.

It isn't unheard of for TVs to convert every source to 4:2:2 YCbCr internally for processing purposes. Could be your TV does that - or it may just do it at UHD resolutions?
I confirm kodi mvc is running stable on asrock 3455b board:
- not using for 4k playback (no 4k displays around)
- board has NOT the dp hdmi converter (so native hdmi 1.4 from Intel but CPU)
- runs all video material I throw at it, incl mvc framepack & hd audio pass-through up to atmos/dts-x, even with only 1 ram module.
- no cold boot issues even while it is powered from picopsu
- no power button issues with streacom f7c case. Yes that's a 'big' case but support upgrading in the future and bit more space inside so I don't expect to run into cooling issues that quickly.
- 100% silent as it has NO moving parts at all, also no coil whine.
- runs win10 for mvc playback, but libreelec runs just as fine on it (but no mvc though[emoji53] )

So I think this is almost perfect HTPC board. I'm very pleased.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
PS: I do experience some micro stutter on some material... but didn't tweak kodi & gpu driver yet

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-03-16, 12:19)noggin Wrote: It isn't unheard of for TVs to convert every source to 4:2:2 YCbCr internally for processing purposes. Could be your TV does that - or it may just do it at UHD resolutions?

- Samsung UE43KU6070, no picture at all... strange
- Samsung UE48JU7580, after enabling 'HDMI UHD Color' and changing the HDMI input type to 'PC' I finally got 4:4:4.

I wish I knew this earlier.. when I could still give back my Philips TV.
Sony VPL-VW550ES, Oppo 103/203, Meridian 861v4, Genelec 1037/1038, http://cellarcinema.info
(2017-03-17, 19:31)Stefan75 Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 12:19)noggin Wrote: It isn't unheard of for TVs to convert every source to 4:2:2 YCbCr internally for processing purposes. Could be your TV does that - or it may just do it at UHD resolutions?

- Samsung UE43KU6070, no picture at all... strange
- Samsung UE48JU7580, after enabling 'HDMI UHD Color' and changing the HDMI input type to 'PC' I finally got 4:4:4.

I wish I knew this earlier.. when I could still give back my Philips TV.

Did you try 4:2:0 on the Samsung that gave you no picture? Some HDMI 2.0 TVs only accept 4:2:0 at 2160/50p and 59.94/60p.
Ok, stutter is not only problem. Huge av sync issue, depending on material. It is not just off-sync, one stream is quicker than the other. Sync is OK again on seek but starts to unsync quickly again. Feels like some sort of framerate issue. That actual framerate is quite different than framerate requested/reported by driver.

Yesterday watching some 3d material (tron legacy... soooo fucking fucking cool in 3d).
Perfect sync all the time, until I pressed pause.... after that drifting a lot. I had to skip from time to time to resync audio video.

BTW: 3d image is indeed very good, although color-wise the Rpi seems to have a bit more punch (maybe different gamma & saturation).

Athough, I expect it is more of a generic problem.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Hi all,

Just started looking into the all these "Lake" business and just being lazy going through 68 pages of swimming. Is this one good for H audio?
http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/J3355M/?cat=Specifications

@noggin told me about HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 over DVI in another thread. Just wanted cross checked by all the gurus here. Smile

-S
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9