• 70(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-03-24, 10:36)Andy2222 Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 03:52)noggin Wrote: Hardware 10 bit support is for H265/HEVC not H264 Hi10 content. H265/HEVC 10 bit is a consumer format that is used for commercial content (like the new UHD Blu-ray standard, and also potentially for broadcast) so support is important.

H264 Hi10 isn't used for commercial content, and is only really used for re-encodes distributed (in some cases probably illegally in some territories) by fans, and isn't supported in consumer hardware as a result.

Ah oki thanks for the clarification, i noticed this mainly with anime.

You can try a technical version of Kodi 17 made by Fritsch, this version does support 10 bit HEVC video.
I have used this version now for sometime with not any issues on my Intel NUC6CYH [emoji106]
Hopefully it will come soon in the Kodi Master.
You can find it here http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
(2017-03-25, 10:45)blokkie Wrote: You can try a technical version of Kodi 17 made by Fritsch, this version does support 10 bit HEVC video.
I have used this version now for sometime with not any issues on my Intel NUC6CYH [emoji106]

Thx for the link unfortunately those are linux only versions, which i cant use atm. Thats because shokoanime still has no linux/mono compatible server out yet (its WIP). I'm also confused if this solves my problem, since its h264/10bit that is not working in hardware, since as pointed out intel did not bother to implement this custom profile. So HEVC/10bit is also not working in Kodi 17 atm? This is a official profile and even on the box of the mainboard they advertise the hardware support of the platform for this profile.
(2017-03-25, 12:30)Andy2222 Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 10:45)blokkie Wrote: You can try a technical version of Kodi 17 made by Fritsch, this version does support 10 bit HEVC video.

Thx for the link unfortunately those are linux only versions, which i cant use atm. Thats because shokoanime still has no linux/mono compatible server out yet (its WIP). I'm also confused if this solves my problem, since its h264/10bit that is not working in hardware, since as pointed out intel did not bother to implement this custom profile. So HEVC/10bit is also not working in Kodi 17 atm? This is a official profile and even on the box of the mainboard they advertise the hardware support of the platform for this profile.

To use hardware support for a format, the hardware needs to support it - in hardware AND the software needs to support playback using hardware support.
In the case of current mainline (as of this post) Kodi does not currently support playback of hevc using hardware decoding.
@ Fritsch I have been using your version of LE with HEVC 10 support and love it thank you very much. Will you be uploading an update to 8.0.1?
(2017-03-25, 18:41)robo989 Wrote: To use hardware support for a format, the hardware needs to support it - in hardware AND the software needs to support playback using hardware support.
In the case of current mainline (as of this post) Kodi does not currently support playback of hevc using hardware decoding.

Oh oki i did not know this and coming from mpc-hc + lav filters i was hoping this worked in the new 17 Kodi release, since lav has this since Nov 2015. Is there a timetable when this might get implemented?
Hi guys,

i am using the latest Kodi through latest LibreELEC on an ASRock J4205 mainboard and Kodi keeps randomly restarting. And it's just Kodi that's crashing and not LibreELEC as a whole. E.g. Tvheadend keeps recording in the back while Kodi restarts.

Anyone facing the same issue?

backslash
Can you reproduce without tvshedend?

Edit: And the old slogan holds: No Debug Log, no crashlog, no issue!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-27, 20:25)fritsch Wrote: Can you reproduce without tvshedend?

Edit: And the old slogan holds: No Debug Log, no crashlog, no issue!

It also happens when nothing gets recorded and while Kodi is idling on the home screen without any interaction.

I will enable the debug logging and provide the respective file(s).

Thanks!
Curious. Never seen that one before:

Quote:23:13:01.848 T:140528269657344 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Please upgrade to 8.0.1 - if issue persists - please file a bug at github.com/libreelec please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Iam already on 8.0.1 and and the random restarts are still there...

As i mentioned i will enable debug logging and will provide the respective file(s).

So you think it is a LE issue and not a Kodi issue from the first guess?
It's hard to say. LE's kodi ships several thousand lines of code on top of real kodi.
(2017-03-27, 20:20)b4cksl4sh Wrote: Hi guys,

i am using the latest Kodi through latest LibreELEC on an ASRock J4205 mainboard and Kodi keeps randomly restarting. And it's just Kodi that's crashing and not LibreELEC as a whole. E.g. Tvheadend keeps recording in the back while Kodi restarts.

Anyone facing the same issue?

backslash
Tried LE last 7.95.something build on Apollo lake asrock J3455 board (which is very close to your board) and that ran without issues. Didn't text it 24/7 though. Booted from the USB live version.

However under all OSes (win10/Linux/LE) I do notice that there is some sort of intermittent USB detach/attach issue with these boards. I have 2 of these boards on completely different hw config and both show this behavior.

My server board runs Ubuntu and that does hard crash when I don't connect any USB keyboard. When it is connected, it runs flawlessly easily 24/7.

Maybe try with USB keyboard attached.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Intel released HDMI firmware update 1.66 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=70407
Hi all, so with the above hdmi update , does it now mean the Kit-NUC6CAYH is worth getting ? And will
do 4K and decent surround sound ?
Libreelec is my preferred software but can use windows if deemed better for kodi use only
Cheers
Hi Guys,

I have Asrock J3455-ITX and I am using Ubuntu 16.10 with Mesa 17.1 (and all VAAPI and Intel goodies) installed from Padoka PPA.
I'm experiencing issues with my display while running 4k@60Hz (only! lower frequencies seems to work fine) and I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me if encounters the same.

Problems I'm having start from screen flickering from time to time - screen goes completely black for a second or two, then is okay for next few seconds and then it flickers again. Just to be clear: this happens to me not only while playing video content, but also in Kodi UI and sometimes even in Unity itself. Sometimes this problem starts right after playing the content, sometimes even right away after booting OS, but it happens also this doesn't show up for a longer while.

The problem disappears as soon as I switch to 24Hz - flickering is gone then. Problem is only on 4K resolution at 60Hz only.

After having flickering, often other graphics artifacts or glitches start to appear such as horizontal solid-color lines flying over the screen. In this case, I need to either restart X server (sometimes helps, not always) or reboot the box.

Software used:
Mesa 17.1, libva 1.8.0.pre1, i965 driver 1.8.1.pre1 (freshly updated and aligned with Padoka PPA)
Kernels - tried 4.8.0(-45) line as provided by Ubuntu, 4.9.13, 4.10.0-997 and 4.11.0-994 (Ubuntu's drm-intel-next)

Hardware used: ASRock J3455-ITX with BIOS 1.20, haven't updated HDMI firmware so far (no Windows installed...)

Is anyone experiencing similar problem? Maybe you have any suggestions about possible root cause?
Where do you think I should seek help (mesa-dev mailing lists? Asrock support forums)? I guess it is not impossible also that it's a hardware problem..

In case any logs are required, please just let me know (although I wasn't able to find anything interesting in Xorg.0.log so far).

Many (many!) thanks in advance.

P.S. On Mesa 17.0 and older intel drivers (installed as standard in Ubuntu) I wasn't able to run 4K@60Hz at all, so I can't easily tell if that's Mesa/drivers issue.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9