disable autoloading into Kodi
How can I disable autoloading into Kodi?

I modify lightdm.conf so that it autoloads Kodi
I also enable autologin in my user account settings.

Now there is no way for me to disable auto loading Kodi whenever I start Ubuntu.
If I exit Kodi, then it just shows the login screen.
And if I login to my account, then it just loads Kodi only.

I need to access my desktop and apps etc..

I cannot modify the lightdm.conf or disable auto login while inside the Kodi only desktop
since there is nothing running other than Kodi.

I cannot change any settings or access terminal with Sudo privileges using the Guest account either
Switch once to Unity in the login screen (might be a bit hidden for you, F8 might help). This will autosave.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-19, 15:25)fritsch Wrote: Switch once to Unity in the login screen (might be a bit hidden for you, F8 might help). This will autosave.

What do u mean?

I exit Kodi and it shows login screen.
But pressing F8 suppose to do something?
I press it but now not sure what to do next
or what suppose to occur.

please clarify or put some screenshots

If u mean switch environment from Kodi to ubuntu in login screen
Then I have done it and it still loads Kodi

==

Also to clarify

Auto login = does not require my password.

I need to disable this, so I can remove kodi from lightdm.conf.
Or Rather I just need to disable auto login, so I can access my desktop and apps
I said: log off, choose the unity session, you can select it there. Then login. Afterwards you are in the unity session. Here you can configure auto login.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-19, 17:49)fritsch Wrote: I said: log off, choose the unity session, you can select it there. Then login. Afterwards you are in the unity session. Here you can configure auto login.

okay thanks for clarifying your previous statement.

I can now login to unity desktop.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disable autoloading into Kodi0