Linux Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)
This is great. Thanks very much.

Quick question, as it is a big deal to move from one backend (MediaPortal on Windows in my case) to another. I'd run TVHeadEnd on a raspberry pi, which has almost no storage. Can I set TVHeadEnd to use SMB shares for timeshifting and recording?

Thanks!!!!
(2016-05-05, 14:44)juus Wrote: Does LibreELEC come packaged with MySQL?
There is a LAMP addon, take a look on the libreelec forum, there are recent posts. @vpeter is the author.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-05-08, 18:48)mcelliott Wrote: This is great. Thanks very much.

Quick question, as it is a big deal to move from one backend (MediaPortal on Windows in my case) to another. I'd run TVHeadEnd on a raspberry pi, which has almost no storage. Can I set TVHeadEnd to use SMB shares for timeshifting and recording?

Thanks!!!!

Yes. You need to mount them as local directories and then point TVH at them.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
These may be useful:

Mount share on Windows for recordings: http://openelec.tv/forum/65-storage/7808...ngs#146982

Enable EPG from XMLTV source: http://openelec.tv/forum/148-usage/80053...end#157736
Hi
I try to watch TV, I use a raspberry PI2 with Kodi Isengard (15.2) over OpenElec 6 and a TV tuner (model AVerTV VolarHD pluged on a powered external USB HUB)
The Tvheadend (back office) seems to be available. When I access it through the web interface (http://192.168.1.10:9981) and I use your post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2315547, when I create a network, it find muxes, but when it scans, it find no service... Even if the scan Q queue is down from 40 (before scan) to 0 (after scan)...
Anyone can help me?
I just have to ask for your opinion, what is better to use when it comes to Kodi, Linux or Windows?
(2016-04-23, 19:42)Big Aero Wrote: Rather than mapping the channels via the services list as you've done above, it's much better to map the channels using the bouquets function (for 28.2e anyway) - as it maps only the channels for your specific region, rather than having duplicate ITV, Channel 4 etc. Using bouquets also automatically numbers your channel list and keeps on top of frequency updates.

Great guide and another thumbs up for using the bouquet function to map to your particular region. Makes life much easier Big Grin
I didn't realise it was going to be this simple. I've had headaches trying to get TVHeadend working on my NAS but this was literally 5 mins of setup.

Thanks!
(2016-04-23, 19:42)Big Aero Wrote: Rather than mapping the channels via the services list as you've done above, it's much better to map the channels using the bouquets function (for 28.2e anyway) - as it maps only the channels for your specific region, rather than having duplicate ITV, Channel 4 etc. Using bouquets also automatically numbers your channel list and keeps on top of frequency updates.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any information on how the bouquet feature works. How did you find out? Just trial and error?
Wink 
Thanks for this tuto.
I would try to move from Mediaportal as backend on Windows because I dont like to have my rooftop antenna directly plugged into my main home server
To avoid this I could use my TV tunners plugged into a Raspberry Pi 3 running TVHeadEnd and serve live TV through WIFI.

I will receive my Pi 3 tomorrow, and I will soon known if it can handle 2 or 3 kodi clients at the same time...
Why wifi? This way lies madness!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It works!
The WIFI signal is not at its maximum, only 72Mbps rather than 150 I think, but it works perfectly!
There is a 20cm armed concrete floor between my router and the Pi3.

I did watch TV during more than one hour, switched channel at least 50 times, everything is actually FASTER than with Mediaportal as backend on a Windows 10- Skylake I3-6100 - 8GB RAM!

I haven't been able to test with multiples clients since only one of my tuner is working on the Pi3 : the other tuners are double tuners that require too much juice from the USB port.

Anyway : no more hard link between my roof antenna and my home server.
I am so happy Big Grin
for anyone who uses a lot of builds (not just LE, works with linux and Windows etc. too) and is fed up of doing multiple bootable usb sticks every time, I found a great little tool called Easy2Boot that is able to create a bootableUSB stick mount multiple ISO's and other disk images using a sinple menu interface.

http://www.easy2boot.com/

You literally just create a bootable USB stick using the tool, then all you have to do is drag and drop your disk images right onto the right windows/linux etc. folder on the usb drive once you've created it with E2B and it will let you choose which disk image to continue the boot from, and off you go! Smile

you are then free to add/remove images via your OS or file explorer of choice at any time in the future as they become available/obsolete without having to dick around re-doing the USB stick,

There's lots of options for customisation too, which i'm sure the uber nerds will love. Big Grin
Hi what is the advantage to using this Vs openelec and can it but used with virtualbox?
Great guide, very helpful. I have a question about the epg: you set it up for Freesat, so can you show me how the guide appears in Kodi? Does it go 7 days ahead like on a normal Freesat box or is it only going to be Now & Next?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)2