Linux Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)
(2016-09-05, 18:13)Bjur Wrote: Hi what is the advantage to using this Vs openelec and can it but used with virtualbox?
The advantage over OpenELEC is that OpenELEC is dead.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-18, 07:58)Sjharris Wrote: Great guide, very helpful. I have a question about the epg: you set it up for Freesat, so can you show me how the guide appears in Kodi? Does it go 7 days ahead like on a normal Freesat box or is it only going to be Now & Next?
Where are you intending to get your Freesat EPG from? There are certainly xmltv grabbers for Freesat that give 7 (or maybe even 14) days.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, Freesat uses its own data channel to provide the listings to the boxes called Freesat EPG. Can we not somehow use that in TVHeadend to provide the listings?
Hi, just looking to get into Libreelec.

Quick question that I did not see mentioned - how is recording handled? Does kodi handle this seamlessly, and is it easy to record series?
This certainly makes things a lot easier, thanks!

-MH
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
Upgraded to Krypton nightly (beta 5) with the latest LirbreELEC Alpha builds today, all working great!

TVheadend and OScam no issues Smile

Great work to all the developers involved.
Hi,

Can you please help me little with my settings?

I have:
2 x Asus Chromebox running kodi 16.1 (libreelec)
2 x Sundtek usb dvb-t2 receivers
1 x 2tb external usb hdd

I want to be able to record live tv to usb memory, and want to watch recordings and live tv with both kodi boxes.

Is it possible to run pvr backend under kodi/libreelec, or do I have to make other chromebox run linux and make it totally for backend server?

If it possible to run backend under kodi as i suppose, please give me a link or guide how to do it?

If backend is running under kodi, does this means that I should never shutdown the box, or is there option to power on when recording starts?
(2016-12-29, 10:32)Suolikaasu Wrote: Hi,

Can you please help me little with my settings?

I have:
2 x Asus Chromebox running kodi 16.1 (libreelec)
2 x Sundtek usb dvb-t2 receivers
1 x 2tb external usb hdd

I want to be able to record live tv to usb memory, and want to watch recordings and live tv with both kodi boxes.

Is it possible to run pvr backend under kodi/libreelec, or do I have to make other chromebox run linux and make it totally for backend server?

If it possible to run backend under kodi as i suppose, please give me a link or guide how to do it?

If backend is running under kodi, does this means that I should never shutdown the box, or is there option to power on when recording starts?

I have LibreELEC Jarvis on a nuc. I have setup the nuc as a server & client using tvheadend. My nuc runs libreelec from a usb, & I use the same one for recordings.

I also have a Beelink mimimx III set up as a tvheadend client. I can see the pvr on the nuc, Offhand, I THINK I can record & view recordings on the usb stick in my nuc from the Beelink..

If you want to record, you will need the chrome with the tuner powered on.

There is a guide for tvheadend, but I didn't find it easy.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270471
Upgraded to TVheadend 4.2 today and everything is working fine.

One thing I have noticed is channel switching is now much slower with 4.2, does anyone know the technical reason for this?

BBC 1 Hd used to take about a second to change channel, but now it takes over 4 seconds for some reason Sad
Hi everyone and a Happy New Year. First time on here for me and with so many topics and posts I am completely lost. Off topic I know, but could someone answer or signpost me to info regarding

"How I can best set up Kodi to view on my Panasonic 700B smart TV with its Firefox OS, which I know is probably not been developed yet. I also have a Humax PVR if that can be used at all? Mirroring/Fire Stick/Box?? I am lost in the avalanche of info all across the WWW. Regards M :
firefox os and humax PVR is not supported sorry.

You will need to buy a seperate box
Thanks for the reply. I have successfully set up Kodi on my home pc. What the best way forward for my Panasonic TV......Fire Stick/Fire Box or an other?
I use a fanless intel NUC personally but if you want to go android then the Fire stick or Nvidia Sheild are good boxes.

A reminder that this guide is for linux not android.
How do you SSH with a Mac??
Im surprised theres still isnt an answer posted about the crucial recording capabilities of the Tvheadend server.

Is it timeshift only? Thats fine by me since i onlw watch a few channels OTA (freee) but at nighttime i need to get my cbs and pbs shows recorded !

anybody have success with libreelec recording ? and making / setting up recurring programs to record automatically and then having the files show up in the kodi library?

thank you !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)2