Linux Passthrough output device greys out after video ends
Hi!

I use Kodi 16.0 (Jarvis) on my QNAP TS-253A in the HD Station.
DTS/DD5.1 is not supported by default. To do this I have to do the following in the audio setttings:

[x] Audio output device -> Playback/recording thorugh Pulse Audio sound server
[x] Number of channels: 2.0
[x] Output configuration: Optimized
[x] Enable Passthrough
[x] Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
[x] - Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding
[x] DTS capable receiver

And whats very important:

Switch "Passthrough output device" from "HDA Intel PCH, HDMI" to my AVR which is "HDA Intel PCH, ONK TX-NR646 on HDMI".
I dont know why there is this first option but with this it doesnt work at all passing through.

Problem is, whenever a video has finished, the "Passthrough output device" option is greyed out and switched back to "HDA Intel PCH, HDMI".
I have to restart Kodi to switch back the setting.

I should note that this only happens when Settings -> Video -> Playbacl -> Adjust display refresh rate and sync playback to display are activated.

What can I do prevent Kodi from forgetting the Passthrough output device
Post your Debug Log. That sounds like a hotplug action by pulseaudio the moment refreshrate changes. There is a workaround in our wiki for pulseaudio - but without Debug Log nothing can be said.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-20, 07:54)fritsch Wrote: Post your Debug Log. That sounds like a hotplug action by pulseaudio the moment refreshrate changes. There is a workaround in our wiki for pulseaudio - but without Debug Log nothing can be said.

After enabling "Enable debug logging" the message tells me that the debug-log file is stored at /root/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
So I enabled component-specific logging "SMB, FFmpeg, Audio, VIdeo, RTMP and uPnP"

And then I re-started Kodi.
Started a movie which has DD5.1 Sound -> works fine
Stopped the movie
Went to settings -> Passthorugh output device is greyed out.

http://pastebin.com/tYLTDRbZ
You force kodi to use ALSA but have pulseaudio server running. This removes the sound device under your ass - either remove pulseaudio or use pulseaudio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-06, 16:30)fritsch Wrote: You force kodi to use ALSA but have pulseaudio server running. This removes the sound device under your ass - either remove pulseaudio or use pulseaudio.

Thanks for the info. I will try to disable it on the hd station.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough output device greys out after video ends0