v16 Number of recently added movies
Question 
I've searched but have not found out if I can increase the number of the Recently Added movies on the HOME SHELF. I know how to increase the number of recently added movies if you select under the movie heading, but what I want to do is have 30 or so of the most recently added movies on the home shelf.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
The Skin.Widgets addon that populates these shelves is limited to 20 items but only 10 are exposed within Amber.

To increase this you would need to add more items to the "RecentMovieContent" include within the skin.amber/1080i/Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml file e.g. add

Code:
<item id="11" description="Shortcut 11 (skin widgets)">
      <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Title))</visible>
      <label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Title)][COLOR=White]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Year), • ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Runtime), • , $LOCALIZE[12391]]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Rating), • ][/COLOR]</label>
      <property name="Widgets">true</property>
      <property name="InProgress">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Resume)]</property>
      <property name="Watched">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Watched)]</property>
      <thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Art(poster))]</thumb>
      <property name="ItemType">$LOCALIZE[31961]</property>
      <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.File)])</onclick>
    </item>
Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a try!
(2016-04-21, 00:42)deaded Wrote: Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a try!

Please be aware that any changes you make to the files will get overwritten if you let the skin update automatically.

I'm trying to simplify the files at the moment and this may allow us to make it easier to increase the number of items and possibly control it from within the GUI, but this may have to wait until Krypton.
No luck. I tried it on both of my Shields. I addeneded Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml with that code and uploaded to back to the unit but I still only get ten movies in the 'recently added' area.
(I did exit Kodi before editing and then rebooted the unit before checking)

Thanks for trying though.
(2016-04-23, 07:38)deaded Wrote: No luck. I tried it on both of my Shields. I addeneded Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml with that code and uploaded to back to the unit but I still only get ten movies in the 'recently added' area.
(I did exit Kodi before editing and then rebooted the unit before checking)

Thanks for trying though.

Hmm, let me do some testing and get back to you.
OK, great!
Any updates on how to increase the number of recent movies?
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
OK, the code works but needs to go on line ~797, (mine may be different as I may have tweaked things)

It should immediately follow the <item id="10" description="Shortcut 10 (skin widgets)"> .. </item>.

I've made the files much simpler for Krypton so this may be configurable through the GUI in the future, maybe options for 5, 10,15 or 20.
Thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow when I'm off work.
(2016-04-29, 15:07)joethepartylion Wrote: OK, the code works but needs to go on line ~797, (mine may be different as I may have tweaked things)

It should immediately follow the <item id="10" description="Shortcut 10 (skin widgets)"> .. </item>.

I've made the files much simpler for Krypton so this may be configurable through the GUI in the future, maybe options for 5, 10,15 or 20.

Excellent. That works absolutely fine. Just updated the Recent Movies & Random Movies to 15.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Still not working for me Sad

Am I supposed to include in there somewhere that I want 20 items or is it pre-set for 20 items. I still only get 10. Maybe I'm not pasting it correctly? Obviously I did something wrong since it works for ace310. Am I supposed to do something with the , • , character?

Here is what I pasted and I included a few lines above and below so you can see I put it in the right place...

Code:
<thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.10.Art(tvshow.poster))]</thumb>
      <property name="ItemType">$LOCALIZE[31966]</property>
      <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.10.File)])</onclick>
    </item>
      <label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Title)][COLOR=White]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Year), • ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Runtime), • , $LOCALIZE[12391]]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Rating), • ][/COLOR]</label>
      <property name="InProgress">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Resume)]</property>
      <property name="Watched">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Watched)]</property>
      <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.File)])</onclick>
    </item>
  </include>
  <include name="RecentAlbumContent">
    <item id="1" description="Music">
(2016-05-11, 00:15)deaded Wrote: Still not working for me Sad

Am I supposed to include in there somewhere that I want 20 items or is it pre-set for 20 items. I still only get 10. Maybe I'm not pasting it correctly? Obviously I did something wrong since it works for ace310. Am I supposed to do something with the , • , character?

Here is what I pasted and I included a few lines above and below so you can see I put it in the right place...

Code:
<thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.10.Art(tvshow.poster))]</thumb>
      <property name="ItemType">$LOCALIZE[31966]</property>
      <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.10.File)])</onclick>
    </item>
    </item>
  </include>
  <include name="RecentAlbumContent">
    <item id="1" description="Music">

It looks like you have included the new item in wrong location. Why is the new item included in recommended episode? It should look something as below

Code:
<include name="RecentMovieContent">
    <item id="1" description="Shortcut 1 (skin widgets)">
    </item>
    <item id="2" description="Shortcut 2 (skin widgets)">
    </item>
    <item id="10" description="Shortcut 10 (skin widgets)">
    </item>
      <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RecentMovie.11.Title))</visible>
    </item>
  </include>
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
That's the same spot as I did
Hi,
I am on Krypton an still need to raise the number of recently added movies. Cant see any GUI otion to change from ten.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Number of recently added movies0