Q10/pro or This
I am in two minds whether to get Q10/pro or Q5/pro or this one for windows as I only want to use it so I can chose my films from the screen rather than look along a bookshelf. What do you guys think ? https://www.avforums.com/review/tronsmar...view.12540
That depends on your needs: media type (3D, 4K, just 1080p, online streaming services), streaming content via server/nas, budget.
For example, I own a htpc based on amd apu and I wand to transform it in a media server, get a fanless android box to stream content over the wired lan. Goal is to have simplicity, noise free and usability with just one remote.
Basically do you need 4K video playback. ?
Netflix, Amazon in 1080p?
3D ?

I have Netflix & Amazon already on my Samsung 4K TV. I want Blu Ray 4K and 3D yes I do need them both. I suppose i could do without 3D if needed as I have only about 20 Blu rays in 3D
Only way to play 4K Blu-ray is a 4K Blu-ray player... unless SlySoft or someone else figures out how to crack AACS 2.0. For 3D MVC + 4K, HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro. For just 4K, nVidia Shield. Also, depends on what kind of 4K display you have. If only 4K@30 or no 10-bit or no HDR, WeTek Core/Hub, Minix U1, and probably several more options.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Sorry hdmkv I did not make myself all that clear I will be copying my discs using Make MKV or the one you had Mentioned This is the bit about the TV that I think concerns about the type of media box I have
For now the UE55HU7500 carries four of the new HDMI 2.0 ports, making it compatible with native UHD material streamed in at frame rates of 50/60Hz with 12-bit colour rather than the 8-bit colour limit you get with HDMI 1.4 ports. In fact there’s even a new HDMI UHD Colour menu option that optimises the screen’s performance for 50/60Hz signals with 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.

I also think the screen is 10 bit plus I will be getting a SEK-3500U as well I was only thinking going along the Windows route Thinking it would be easier to use after reading the AV forums review on the one today Which was the TRONSMART Arax5 plus mini
Wouldn't 12-bit be backwards compatible with 10- and 8-bit? Sounds like you have a great TV, especially w/4:4:4 and 4:2:2 support.

Based on what I'm reading, TRONSMART Arax5 plus mini seems like an 'ok' budget Windows system. I certainly wouldn't consider it, or really any Intel right now, for 4K use. Wait for Kaby Lake or Apollo Lake, which @fritsch seems excited about.

For 4K use for now, the options I suggested above.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
HDMI 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth to transmit 10-bit 4:4:4 4K 50/60Hz. The 4K 50/60Hz 4:4:4 mode will be 8-bit.
But I think the upgrade box SEK-3500U which I am getting shortly has 2.2
(2016-04-20, 18:10)PINA Wrote: But I think the upgrade box SEK-3500U which I am getting shortly has 2.2

It is just HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.2. HDMI 2.1 has not even been finalized. The only think that we know about is dynamic metadata for HDR. Whether HDMI 2.1 will increase the bandwidth or have other resolutions/frame rates etc. is largely unknown at this time.
Well, I also have Samsung HU7500 and I was tempted to SEK-3500 update. I gave up, waste of money, TV has insufficient gamut, LED/LCD not suitable for HDR (without real pixel-level control), many plain wrong assumptions in avsforum threads about SEK-3500.
Waiting for OLED update...
Beware, real HDR=real content from movies/shows (so no demo clips), so only in 4k bluray and Netflix/Amazon. For now no real HDR content are available on Q5/Q10pro and I doubt it will be soon available (no rips, no Netflix/Amazon). HU7500 has a good 4k player (better than Q5 nonpro), all you need is a good 3D mediaplayer, like those recomended by hdmkv.
In the future there are rumors that online services (Netflix, Amazon) will have also a Dolby Atmos/truehd track; HU7500 can't decode Atmos/truehd and no TV can bitstream on ARC HD sound, so when/if that will happen you will need other player for Netflix/Amazon. But I doubt it will be soon, that track alone will double bandwidth requirements...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Q10/pro or This1